Pre-Power or Int Amp for Totem Wind

Hi

I'm looking for amplifier for Totem Wind , but home trial is unavailable in my country. The room is about 4 x 6 m. My budget is around 10k and would likt to have liquidity treble-mid and tight-fast bass.

Thanks in advance
uglystupid
I have heard the Winds with older model Audio research and with the Ayre K-5XE/V5XE pre, and amp combo. Both were very nice but the Ayre (IMO) was better. Had the things you described wanting in your post.
Overpriced Ayre reference products may work fine, but go for the bargain and get a used Krell...I used a 400cx and KCT to great effect:O)
I like the Sim Audio and Ayre separates ideas. Also suggest looking at Musical Fidelity Superchargers combined with a more modest Ayre or other integrated. The higher end Krells could also do the trick.
Dave_b,
The Ayre I mentioned are there entry level, sound very good and cost alot less money than the Krells you recomended. You could problably buy the Ayre new for the price of the used Krell gear you mentioned.
Maybe going with Sim separate component is a good idea. All I know is Wind is a very, very, very demanding speaker. They require tons of power to sing well.

Or you could email Vince at Totem. He designs the speakers and he could recommend a few amps that could sufficiently drive the Wind. But tell him up front that your budget is $10K or less, he tends to recommend pricey amps...:-))

Good luck