Ayre MX-R VS Vitus SS-010

Is there anyone, who has had the opportunity to compare these two amps? What amplifier to go for, when the keywords is: control, speed and a music sound reproduction.
chris10an
Frankpiet. Since the Preamp is the most critical part of any system, and you want the speed of the Ayre, it would make sense to apply the Vitus SL-101 Preamp to a very fast
amp, such as the best class D amp on the market, the Spectron Musician III Mk.2 Combining the Vitus with the Spectron would produce a faster slew rate than the Ayre
while retaing the full, rich smooth body of the Vitus which would result very well with rock, pop and electronical music.
Well Audiozen, here's an update from me:

I don't have my Vitus amp anymore, and I don't understand your fanaticism about Viyus. Vitus has determined some errors, and I could not accept them as a customer!
Audiozen, there's no such thing as king nor is there best in this audio dreamland we live in. All there is, are synergy and preferences. Try to rely less on hearsay and trust your own ears. Having said that, given these two options, Vitus would be my choice.
It would be good to know what speakers you are using. Without knowing this factor it would be difficult to make a recommendation.
However, having heard both, I would go with the Vitus!!
Small wattage as it may be but it has more body, bloom and sophistication that the Ayre cannot compare.Ayre is a great amp but the Vitus is in a different league.
Audiozen: Sorry but I totally have to disagree with you. Vitus for sure is a very good product but for sure it does not trunch Boulder, FM Acoustics and Goldmund for e.g.

I have replaced the SS-010 with the Boulder 865 and couldn´t be happier. A huge step up in speed, resolution, stageing and controll. The trade of is a bit more coldness and the 865 is a bit thinner sounding than the SS-010.

As for pre-amp: I would look at the Ayon Spheris which is to my ears the best sounding tube pre available with a state of the art phono section on board. Wasn´t to impressed by the SL-101 - regarding it´s price tag.