Ayre MX-R VS Vitus SS-010

Is there anyone, who has had the opportunity to compare these two amps? What amplifier to go for, when the keywords is: control, speed and a music sound reproduction.
chris10an

Showing 2 responses by audiozen

During the past couple of months, I have done intense research on Hans Ole Vitus and he is on his way as the global King of Solid State. On blogs, threads, test reports
and forums, there is a common element of shock from all ears regarding the sound quality. Several reports have put Vitus up against FM Acoustics, Burmester, and Karan, and Vitus trounced everyone of them. Even 6moons was blown away and puts Vitus above all. Vitus has finally achieved what Audiophiles have been seeking for thirty five years, and that is designing solid state pieces far superior to any tube designs in the world. Larry Diaz of High End Palace, who I' have been aware of for years, has golden ears and has stated to me that Vitus has it all and is the best solid state he has ever heard in his entire career. The Vitus sound is rich, full, ultra smooth and fast, lush
silky textures and echo decay to die for. Other brands may be slightly better executing detail, but what Vitus has done is the ultimate marriage between the very best sonic qualities of tube and solid state to perfection with no flaws. Again, the reviews and test reports I have read all over the globe has everyone in shock over Vitus. Ayre is in the minor's compared to Vitus. I have not heard Vitus, but with the bench tests, and the multiple expert evaluations and forums I have read all over the planet,
Vitus has taken the crown away from Boulder and all the other top dog's in solid state and has achieved the Holy Grail.
Frankpiet. Since the Preamp is the most critical part of any system, and you want the speed of the Ayre, it would make sense to apply the Vitus SL-101 Preamp to a very fast
amp, such as the best class D amp on the market, the Spectron Musician III Mk.2 Combining the Vitus with the Spectron would produce a faster slew rate than the Ayre
while retaing the full, rich smooth body of the Vitus which would result very well with rock, pop and electronical music.