Conrad Johnson vs Audio Research vs BAT vs Cary

Just recently acquired a mint condition Threshold T400 and love its sound. It will soon be time to upgrade my preamp which is currently a Quicksilver Linestage 1. I'm considering within the $2500-$3500 the following - Conrad Johnson Premier LS17, Audio Research LS17, BAT VK-3iX, BAT VK31SE, and Cary SLP98. I know there is a bit of range here, but am interested to see who has done some direct comparisons, and who is pairing with similar solid state amps. Thanks.
terrytam99
CARY SLP-98......CARY SLP-98....OR CARY SLP-98!

WARM AND MUSICAL........LOVEEE ITTTTTTTTT!!!
The BAT and ARC designs will work best with the SS amp. Both are very dynamic and quiet. The LS25 was my favorite pre, even over my Ref 2 and 3...the 6922's and Infinicaps with SS regulation plus a variable gain switch made it unbeatable. I just may get one again myself...I moss it:O)
You will be hard pressed to find a tube preamp that has a low enough output impedance for that amp. I have an Aesthetix Calyso. Its output impedance is 600 ohms. As a rule of thumb you want a input impedance of at least 10x that of the output impedance of the preamp. Maybe something like a VTL 7.5 that has a solid state output stage will work.
why not try the Quicksilver Full function tube pre amp it has a 12 0hm or lower output Imp
Cheers Johnnyr