rookie drunk move

drinking beers and screwing around with wiring... prob lots of horror stories from that combo that would be an interesting topic for another thread. For me, i was re-wiring my speakers when i realized afterward that the amps were still on (Nuforce Ref 8). Luckily, everything appears to be working. However, i THINK i notice a slight degradation in sound. So my, i guess, somewhat newb question is this..if everything appears to be working and no definitive loss, am i just psyching myself out in hearing 'lesser' sound because I know what I did? Guess what i'm asking is -- do amps either work or not, and not capable of 'slight' degradation in sound due to something like what i did.
tholt
Alright I'll pipe in. I was building a custom speaker using Dynaudio drivers. I had a few beers, went back to change a resistor out. Sat down to have a listen to the change and within a minute my mono amp throws sparks and dies. I still remember that smell. Anyway, I found I shorted the positive and negative wires and turned my amp into an arc welder. It wasn't so bad of a repair for the amp. I had extra output transistors.
I've got a real amp. 2 actually. A "real" amp, by who's standards, yours? Who are you again?
Well good luck with your drinking problem. Your post had some substance, but having said your were drunk which really wasn't necessary and irrelevant, it seems you are calling out for help with it.