Heard the Bryston SST 2 Squared ?

Bryston just made big upgrades to the whole amp line. These changes are trickle down from the 28B monos. I am interested to hear if the new 4B squared has made a big jump in sonics from last years 4B SST. Anyone?
Dweller - the "C" series pertains to the faceplate only and has nothing to do with whats inside. "C" stands for consumer faceplate which is more esthetically pleasing Vs their other faceplate which is more industrial looking.
5560, I'm a little embarrassed to realize that I didn't actually answer your question - after all those years of University I should know that the first rule is to READ THE QUESTION! Nonetheless, I'm glad that you found my response helpful. I would think that the SST-2 modifications would have the same sonic improvement across the Bryston line, but that remains to be heard. I really liked the 4B SST that I heard a couple of years ago and I would think it would now only be better.

Thanks for the advice on the Parasound Pre. I've read about them and would like to hear the combination. The problem I have is that I live at least a five hour drive from a decent audio shop (and they're across the border) and it gets hard to do home demos (or any demo) that way.

Drummermitchell, I completely believe that the Torus will make a huge difference. The improvement I experienced with a dedicated AC line was not subtle. I saw a Torus on the bench at Bryston and they strongly recommend them. Apparently, Plitron, the makers of the Torus also supply Bryston with their transformers so I would expect that there would be a nice synergy there. I'm keen to get my 240V service put in so that I can get the 240V version. Having two hot lines 180 degrees out of phase apparently cancels out all of the line noise and the massive transformer inside the Torus provides a large reservoir of electrons from which the amp can draw for its transients.

Interesting that you're also using Arcam. I have an AVR-200 that I started out with and still use to do my AV processing and to drive the centre channel. It sounds way better than it has any right to and I had considered the AV-8 in the past. But, I think that the SP-3 with its video-switching and processing capabilities would provide me with the best overall AV solution. Plus, I think it would sound very good, Brian and James at Bryston told me that it will have the same Pre-amp as the BP-26 and the same DAC as their stand-alone DAC. Also, it will have discrete power supplies for the digital, analog and video sections. Should be very nice.
The SST2 mods are different for the different models and are more potent for the internally balanced models.

Kal
Asclepius,That's what I'm waiting for also the SP-3.My first surround receiver was the Arcam-100(can't believe I still miss it).
Knowing Bryston I'm sure the Sp-3 will have an excellent analog section strictly for music.I use the stereo direct to bypass all the processing and I run my BCD-1 into her(analog).
I thought of the AV-9(HDMI switching)but when I heard Bryston
was coming out with a new SP-3(I can wait6-8 months).
Asclepius,I see we think a little alike.Arcam,Bryston,Torus,
and dedicated lines.
I had my electrician install me 2X240v lines,purchased a 20a Torus,balanced(for my components) and a 60a balanced for my ampsX5.A tad extreme but I don't want the amps to be starving for power from the wall.I'll definately wait for the reviews to see how much a difference say in the 4B-ssts compared to the squared versions,as I have 2X4B-ssts for my surrounds.If it's a nice jump up then I guess I'll have to jump to.
I dont mean to attack anyone but...

To say the sst squared is a huge improvement over the sst is rediculous. The sst is already one of the very best amps out there. I love how every new model is worlds better, yet if we listen to a 4b nrb from 1998 compared to the sst squared version of 2009 the differences are subtle, and mostly its just a different presentaion of sound then anything else. Use your ears people, not your wallets to base your facts. While I feel the sst and sst squared are the best models in most cases,this is not always true. Even an original 4b can be preffered to a sst squared depending on just what speakers you are using alone.