Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
She found me this way and I'm not a permission seeking type, nor one to really explain/justify. I'll boast about good deals, but she's very much in the dark.

One strategy thats worked well was taking away her credit card and getting her a card under my amex. She gets to tease about it to her friends how she charges everything to my card, but when it comes down to significant purchases, she seeks my permission.

I on the other hand monitor everything she buys, get veto rights on her purchases and answer to no one as to my purchases.

Check and mate.
I on the other hand monitor everything she buys, get veto rights on her purchases and answer to no one as to my purchases.

Check and mate.
Gopher

That post appears to be the work of Sly Fox, not Gopher.
Hello.
This is Mrs. Noble100 and I just have one question: Is it true that all Audiogon members pimp out their wives/girlfriends to fund their audio habit like my husband tells me? My girlfriends say no way but a woman on this forum named Elizabeth said it's definitely true and that she "dun in" and buried her husband for doing this. Confused in What's That Smell, Louisiana.
Hello Mrs. N . This is Mrs. Tmsorosk, ( Missell ) . Maybe we should start posting here to give things a womans prospective . The old spud says every ones welcome . He often buys new things that resembles the old so it's hard for me to locate . If i'm seeking out an unauthorized purchase I usually check for styrafoam popcorn stuck to the side of the broom or vacuum . Best of luck with your audiophile you'll need it .
Missell De'champlain
Mrs. N- To paraphrase Michael Keaton, we 'Goners prefer the term "luv broker".

p.s. How's the hubby look in his new Speedo?