verdict on class D amps?

I saw a thread about seymour ice amps.... anyone have any experience with these compared to conventional amps? I was planning on picking up a used pair of bryston 7st or a single 14 st however for similar money (& power) the new ice 50001 is available. In car audio there it doesn't seem like class D is very good except for sub duty. Is the same true for home stuff? Presently I have a adcom GFA5500 which was going to get thrown on rear surrounds & I was going to use parasound HCA1500 on my speakers untill I can afford something newer/better for my old infinity kappa 8.1 speakers

thanks
128x128viggen900
Kijanki, I meant mid-range not mid-bass in my last response. Musta had a bit of brian ischemia........
Kijanki, do you happen to have the switching amps list as an Excel file to share with us? Thanks, Guido
No Guido. It wasn't my compilation to start with (I found it somewhere on internet) and it needs updating. It would be nice to enter updated list into Excel but I'm too lazy for that.

When I bought my Rowland 102 I knew only about Bel Canto and NuForce but this list was a shocker.
There is a dealer and Apogee speaker restorer extraordinaire near me who has
been courted by Bel Canto, and Spectron. He ran both of their most up to date
amps for long enough to come to the hasty opinion all class D amps must be
poor sounding.

I changed that. I took my entire system, including the speakers, to his place. His
verdict? - the two afformentioned amps, "Do not hold a candle to your
H2O amps."

I can't really blame Bel Canto or Spectron for their bad presentation. Like I said, I
took my whole system. There are those of us who have been experimenting with
ICE amps for years. I have learned a lot in that time. Taking my system showed
the H2O in it's best light.