Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
MEN, grab your calculators!

Add up the cost of all your gear. (This may be shocking to her at first) Pull up ads for similar gear for sale on the net ... subtract that number from yours. Remember this number!

Now take your neighbors fishing boat, add gas for each time out, beer, insurance, repairs, storage and travel expenses for trips they might take. Find a similar boat for sale on the net, subtract that number, and see which hobby is really more expensive!

You can do this with golfing too. Add the greens fees, travel, CC Membership, dinner and beer for the amount of time you have owned your audio equipment ... a 5 year total is amazing. Now try to re-sell that and see what you are left with!

Now, if you are looking to get divorced, ask your wife for all the receipts she has for misc. expenses for the same time period, add those up ... check to see what you can re-sell those items for, and subtract that number from the total! Need I say more??????

Liars figure, but figures don't lie!
Stereolady....you seem like a woman whose mind is guided by common sense....I've not dealt with this in your gender before.....it's very refreshing, to say the least. Not surprising that you wound up at AudiogoN.

Cheers,
John
My girl holds the tape measure while I zero in the sweet spot. Only time she comes into the sound room. Great gal. Has NEVER uttered the words..."can you lower that!".
Post removed 
Still in Denver...RMAF just concluded. Heard the inestimable Harry Pearson deliver a talk...brief discussion of demographic homogeneity...I consider myself exceedingly fortunate -- I've discovered my spouse, whom was present for the 3-day audiofest, is an audiophile!!