binding post break in

yesterday I replaced my binding posts on my rogue audio m150 monos with the highly regarded wbt nextgen copper binding posts and yes there was more detail,but it was also thin and not as harmonic and rich, and not as open sounding as before. I have been listening to the wonderfull sounding kenny burrell guitar forms latey and have really liked how it sounded on my system,but after I put in the wbts his guitar sounded strummy and hooded , the higher strings sounded thinner and the middle and lower strings sounded sucked out . well crap. is this another case of [ it needs 256 and a half hours of break in and then it will sound great!] or what? has anybody out there had any experience with these binding posts ? I am very good at soldering so i dont think that a bad joint is the reason I am hearing what I do, any ideas ? is there a richer sounding binding post with some body and still very good low level detail ? or will they really change that much with some break in ? thanks , chris
chrissain
If you're hearing differences as a result of a binding post change, I don't think it's a burn-in issue. I would think it's a more like a cable/interconnect change issue. So, for example, people swap a copper interconnect for a silver one, or a solid wire for a multi-stranded one and hear differences. It would seem that the different binding post itself is the cause of the difference, not whether it's burned in or not. Not unlike changing connectors. Using minimum metal connectors like WBT NexGen or Eichmann's makes a difference to many people. So why wouldn't alternative binding post construction? It's a connection interface the same as a cable connector.

If you don't like how they sound, change them back.
thankyou to the people who left constructive posts, the point of audiodgon is the advancement of this hobby, and to help out fellow audiogoners to make their systems better, but somehow some of you like to attack anyone who does not think just like you, and it is wrong and not good for this hobby, if you have negative things to say, say it to someone else. or do the rest of us a favor and get out of this hobby ,thanks chris
You had high expectations when you replaced your old binding posts and it's possible that you've placed too much pressure on the new posts. As a result rather than strut their stuff they've withdrawn into their inner binding post self. When binding posts have issues, and not all posts will admit there is a problem, I recommend that people contact the Binding Post Whisperer for training and guidance. 1 out of 2 audiophiles report a dramatic difference after only one half-hour session with the BPW.
Can the WBT's act as a resistor?

The solder joints could, if not done properly, and the contact with the cable terminations could, if oxidation, grime, etc. is present.

But my instinct, not having seen the work being performed, would be that the number one suspect would be the possibility of mechanical jostling affecting the tubes. Perhaps by dislodging minute detritus that may have been present on some of the elements. Especially, as I said in my previous post, if they have been heavily used.

Regards,
-- Al
My first reaction was similar to Rlwainwright's but after consideration here's my two cents.
I have installed upgraded binding posts on several amps. My favorites are the Cardas CCBP-S solid copper posts. I like them for their ability to really grip a spade connectors.
As for sound, it's hard for me to say there was a difference in sound with new posts as the amp was usually out of commission for a while during install. Never noticed a difference after a few weeks of play/break in.