Lamm ML2.1 monos with MBL 101E, OPINIONS

Lamm ML2.1 Single Ended Triode Mono Amps, any one tried these amps with MBL 101E speakers.

I know they are 18 watts but I have learned that not all watts are equal.

I was just reading info. from another member where he said;

"Finally I would love to prove to you that my 18 wpc SET Lamm amps will light up your ears more so than the 600 wpc SS Boulder amp that you love so much."

Opinions welcome but kindly specifically related to these amps.
dev
I just sold my Lamm M1.2 Ref. to a guy who has the 101E. He loves them and thinks that they are powerful enough. I would pass on the M2.2 even though they are rated higher they just don't sound as good.
Don't underestimate amps that provide huge amount of current over watts. I heard the Levinson 33H drive 101E to levels I couldn't believe then he switched over to Mac 501 and the 101E brought that right to it's knees.
BTW that was the best I ever heard the 101E is with the 33H.
I have had the ML 2.1 for the past 3 years and would never change...truly a great amp BUT forget it for any speaker rated under 90 Db efficient and ideally nothing under 92 Db. Two great components but unfortunately will not work well with one another
Oneobgyn, I hereby call you a fibber!
(I prefer to not call a fellow Lamm owner a liar.)

You said you would "NEVER" change your Lamm ML 2.1 amplifiers.

Here is an amplifier I am sure you would swap out your amps for in the blink of an eye. (Money not being an object of course!)

Your new favorite amp!

;-)
Kurt

If you go back and read my posts over the past year you will see that Vladimir loaned me his ML3 (s/n 001 and 002) from Jan to April earlier this year. It was a magnificent amp but at $139K I felt the ML 2.1 delivers 90% of the ML3 at 1/5 the price. I love my ML 2.1 and would never switch unless there was a magnificent deal to be had. BTW the output tube on each ML3 gave off light as bright as a 60 watt bulb and this could interfere with my using those amps with my HT. If I were to have a dedicated 2 channel room it could be an option