McIntosh MC352 or MC402?

I'm getting ready to jump on the McIntosh bandwagon. I have read wonderful reviews of the MC402 and the MC352 but can't decide which would be a better value. Does the 402 have much of a sonic improvement over the 352? I've read that the 352 is slightly less harsh in the mids and highs but this could be attributed to break in time or the lack thereof. I plan on using whichever amp I choose with a Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp. My source components are a Denon cd player and a Thorens turntable. Speakers are vintage JBL 120Ti's, but I may be upgrading to Thiel 1.6's I would really appreciate any input anyone may have.
donwass65
Sorry, make that without getting better gear, instead of with. I hate that!:)
The 402 is faster and more open sounding compared to the 352. I think the extra cost of the 402 is worth it plus is get a much better looking amp with the lights and 3d glass. To be honest I would choose the 252 over the 352 for the same reason's. I was not a big fan of the 352 when it came to sound quality.
I agree with Mtdking. Unless you are driving inefficient speakers and/or a very large size room, the MC252 has more than enough power. Save some money on the amp and start upgrading the CDP, preamp and speakers.
I have compared the MC252, MC352 and MC402. I prefer the MC252 over the MC352. I could not tell too much difference between the MC252 and MC402. If you had a fully balanced system, you would hear the benefits of the MC402.
The McIntosh MC402 is the way to go. Tremedous resolution and great smooth top end. Has very natural midrange and explosive bass dynamics. True the MC252 is smaller brother to the MC402 but it's just like having more Horse Power. It's always a good thing when you never know one day the extra current will come in handy if changing to a more inefficient speaker.

Regardless what you may hear, the MC352 is older technology in comparison to the MC402 & MC252 amps. I have talked with the McIntosh rep and called up Binghamton to set the record straight. I had listened to the MC352 several years ago at a dealer and was not impressed. Once I heard the MC402, I was sold immediately. It ended my personal search for a great power amp. I prefer the MC402 over the MC501 monos and many much more expensive amps that I had owned over $20K range,

The Absolute Sound has recently highly recommeded the McIntosh MC402 power amp in there Editor's Choice issue : October , 2008.

The McIntosh MC402 is a bargain in today standards, sure to be a classic short term and long term.
I own and love the MC402s and could see myself keeping them for 10 years. Having said that, I'm suprised to see someone preferring them to the MC501s. I would assume that the mono's would have a number of sonic advantages.