High Quality Fuses in Amps

Question: Are the so called 'high quality' amplifier fuses really worth the money? I have a set of 1999 VTL 125 mono-blocks and I need to replace a fuse. Anyone tried the HIFI Tuning slow blow B+ rail fuses? They are kinda pricey at $29.95 each... Will they make a positive improvement in a good rig?
stickman451
I can't understand how anyone could not be, at least curious about the fuses - I ordered a pair for my krell 400xi - Even got them for $5.00 LESS per fuse - I can't wait to try them - The people at krell think I'm wasting my money - I'll let yawl know the results ...CHEERS !
OK - I swapped out the Cheap Fuses with the Hi Fi tuning Fuses - not knowing what music to choose for the comparison - I decided upon a well recorded rock song with a "Hot" mixed high end - "Driven to Tears" by The Police. I felt this was a good choice because I would be easily ably to discern any refinement or added energy and if the fuses added any compression, the highs would become blaring and grainy. Well, I am happy to report that the fuses brought a bit of refinement to my rig which was easily heard in the top end. The refinement came without sacrafising any detail or speed. Did they make a mountain out of a mole hill ? NO - but for me the added refinement was a welcome addition.
I work in a lab where we have a liq N2 cryo tank. I'll slowly lower the temp of some fuses to -160C and slowly bring them back to RT, and report.

I don't think one week at home freezer will do anything. The theory is that liq N2 low temps will modify the molecular structure and grain of the metal, thus altering conduction through it.

My protocol is 1 day at 4degC, 1 day at -20degC, 3 days at -80degC, 1 week in liq N2, 3 days at -80degC, 1 day at -20degC,1 day at 4degC, then RT and listen.

I will then post listening results and impressions before and after treatment.

Cheers.