Preamp recommendations up to $2000

Hi everyone. The upgrade bug has reared it's head again and I'm starting to look for a better preamp. My present system is: Audio Note CD-2, Mapletree 2A SE pre, Edge G4 amp, and GMA Pico Executive speakers. I listen to mostly classical, with some pop/rock.

I don't have the audio vocabulary some of you do, but I guess I'm looking for a more open sound with a little more presence. I also wouldn't mind if the bass was a little fuller.

Although the Mapletree is a tube preamp, I would like all suggestions, including SS.

Thanks!
xrayz
Post removed 

Boy there is a deHavilland Ultraverve on agon for $1900+-. Go to the dehavilland website and read Dick Olshers review. Enough said.
I would have thought that "neutrality" was the ideal for a preamp. That is, if possible, the preamp should do as little sonically to the source signal as possible. I'm not sure what's meant by "presence" exactly, or "openness," (no criticism of your vocabulary, by the way--audiophilese is laden with such obscurities) but I would think bass would be better addressed w/ tone controls, room treatments and the like. Ideally, to my way of thinking, the best preamp is the one that exactly matches the sound of the source fed directly into the amp, unless of course you're using the preamp to mollify the perceived deficiencies of something else in your system.
Post removed 
A second vote for the PASS X1 or X2.5 - both are excellent neutral sounding well-built fully balanced Preamps. - with great customer service from PASS as well. Worth checking out...