Class D amp with Tube Preamp Combo?

Have you ever tried a good class D/T amp & tube preamp combination? I have read their can be some occasional problems matching these together?

I was thinking of going this way to get the drive, clarity and efficiency of the switching amp combined with the warmth and full body of the tube pre amp.

What setup are you using?

My first post by the way! I have been reading this forum for the last two weeks learning about audio and what to buy for my first serious system.
jaffa_777
Following on from my earlier posts on 26/7/08 and 8/9/08, i have now had my Bel Canto Ref 1000 (mk1) in my system for a few months and i'm now really liking the combination with my Supratek Chenin tube preamplifier. Ask me back in July when i first got them, i would say it was a mistake but not now. Earlier concern about soundstage depth is no longer and i found the combo very musical and condusive to prolonged listening. They may not be in the top echelon with top end resolution but enough to allow me to enjoy the benefits brought about by my new TW Acustic Raven 1.

I'm sure the new and more expensive Bel Canto Mk 2 will sound better with the improved input stage but i'm in no hurry to find out at the moment.
I would like to report wonderful results combining a Lamm LL2 pre-amp with Bel Canto Ref 1000 mkii mono's.

Tubes + Class D really works well!

Tubes + Class D when matched properly = warmth + body combined with detail and power. To my ears thats wonderful!!!!

I had earlier auditioned standalone class D in the form of JRDG Continuum 500 integrated. This was ok but much less desirable than having a tube front end.
In a few weeks I will try new flagship of Joule-Electra, Marianne Electra Memorial Edition Preamp - just to be shown at CES 2009. If you recall that their previous preamp got Harry Pearson of TAS Golden Ear in 2007 then I expect very good rersults.
I will try this preamp with Spectron monoblocks and I will post my impressions

All The Best
Rafael
I have been told that Simon has left Spectron and is now with Joule-Electra. I suppose now the new Marianne pre-amp will be the premier pre-amp, at least according to Simon who will now be working for the company that is producing it. I am sure this new pre-amp will be very nice. I was also told it will be pricey.
I’m currently using a Jolida (100A) tube CD player and Cary (CAD 5500) tube preamp with my Wyred 4 Sound Amplifier (S200). Having some form of tube in your system, let it be CD player or preamp, hooked to a class D amplifier Really bring out the best from these type of amplifiers. This mix has giving me a much more balance and dynamic sound. The sound stage & detail is out of this world.

I’m was lucky to have the opportunity to hear this combination before I purchased my Wyred 4 Sound amplifier. I been so impressed that I went ahead and sold my Krell KSA 100s and never looked back.

To be honest I could not be happier with my Wyred 4 Sound amplifier . I high recommend this combination.

I’m sure, I would need to spend a lot, a lot more money to even come close to the sound my system is currently producing.

If you are considering purchasing a class D amplifier take a look at the Wyred 4 Sound amplifiers. Nothing comes close to these amplifiers at the current price.

Merry Xmas

PS
Great Xmas Gift

www.wyred4sound.com