Cary 805, deHavilland or Atma-Sphere? Anyone cares

Over the weekend, I have listened extensively to the following four different amplifiers and I have decided once and for all that the SET 300B, no negative feedback is the way to go.
The four amplifiers are as follows:
Passlabs X150: very neutral, powerful yet the sound almost very sterile.
EAR 834: very musical, tube mid-range yet sound the least like live music.
YBA 2 High current, Double Transformers: very musical, soft and sound very enjoyable; yet again not like live music.
Audio Note kit one: This is a killer and provided the music is limited to vocals and chamber music. Very good mid-range with good attack and the best like live music; but not very much bass.
However, this listening session made me to want more bass with the SET.
Thinking about the Cary 805, deHavilland or Atma-sphere ?
Any comment ?
Please advice
robertwolfee
Hi Sabai, I'm glad your S30 worked out for you and your speakers. My OTL amp didn't work out in my system. OTLs are more finicky and speaker dependent compared to other amps I've owned.

"With all due respect, I don't find that using the Spelz Zeros with my S-30 and Joseph Audio Pulsars defeats anything at all. On the contrary. The sound actually improved when I put the Zeros in."
If you found no degradation in sound and actual improvement, why doesn't Atmasphere build autoformers into their amps? Sounds like win win for the customer and Atmasphere.
Why doesn't Atmasphere build autoformers into their amps?
I'd expect that the main reason is that it would add cost, size, and complexity to the designs, while being unnecessary with many speakers.

Also, provisions would have to be made to allow the user to select among different impedance transformation ratios, and to bypass the autoformer altogether if high impedance speakers are being used.

Finally, having a Zero close to the speaker, as opposed to within the amplifier, helps to reduce the sonic effects of the speaker cable, since it results in the resistance and inductance of the cable being proportionately less significant in relation to the increased load impedance that is presented at the end of the cable.

Regards,
-- Al
Dracule1, 6 ohms is not a problem for the M-60. As far as the ZEROs go, they should be considered a problem solver.

People often try to use the amps with speakers that they were never designed for. The ZERO helps with that. But if you have an 8 ohm speaker you just don't need them.

I should point something out here. With regards to impedance and amplifiers in general, there is no argument for 4 ohms or less (all other things being equal) if your goal is the best sound reproduction possible. Even transistor amps don't sound as good driving 4 ohms as they do driving 8 ohms as their distortion is higher (which the ear hears as strain and brightness).

Now the Tannoys are a proven easy load for tubes, and we've yet to run into a set that the M-60s won't drive.

BTW, and FWIW, most tube amp manufacturers warrant their tubes for 3 months. Our warranty is 1 year.