Psvane CV181-T in Dehavilland Ultraverve?

Has anyone used the new Psvane CV181-T, which is a direct substitute for a 6SN7, in their Dehavilland Ultraverve? Impressions??
weebeesdad
I don't know about your amp, but I went thru a lot of 6ns7s,
vintage and new production (all the big NOS and other names)
and the Psvane is my pick of the litter, w/ wonderful
fleshed out mids, having all the best qualities that
distinguish tubes from solid state.
The PSvane cv181 reminds me why I love tubes.
My amp is a BEL 1001 (solid state). Do you use the Psvane CV 181-T in an Ultraverve, or some other preamp?? Have you had any experience with the Sophia Electric 6sn7s??
Thanks.
I use and Apex Pinnacle as a preamp and headphone amp.
Actually, I just replaced the Sophias which I liked for their even-handed sound with fine low bass and highs, but, when I put in the (new in box) Psvanes, I immediate liked them much better, with the vocals just so more realistic and a more natural image boundaries, the opposite of paper cutouts.
And the sound staging was better, with a deeper field and an easier time finding centered images.
Actually, I just let them play a half hour before I heard what I heard. A day later they sound just as good so far.
Black Treasures cv181s which I believe are reasonably close to the Psvane suggest 300 hours, however, as noted by Rgs92 I noted an immediate improvement over some NOS 6sn7s I was using in my Modwright Ls100 preamp. For what it is worth, the Black Treasure KT88s were a step up over Gold Lion Reissues in my Ayon Spirit 2 integrated.
I just received a pair of the top grade Psvane CV 181T's in the nice pink box from Grant Fidelity. I've been letting them play music now for about 50 hours (I know not the 200+ hours suggested). I'm comparing them to my beloved and well broken in Sylvania 6SN7 WGTA's 1977 vintage.

Right out of the box the 'vanes sounded down right crappy. But after 50 hours, what shines most is their really open and transparent midrange, precise focused images, tight bass, and even frequency response. I can hear waaay back into the recordings with these tubes. They are not as full and round sounding as the Sylvanias and lack warmth in the lower mids and upper bass as compared to the Sylvanias.

The Sylvanias have mids that are warmer, richer, rounder, but not quite as focused and not quite as resolving. Bass is just as deep, but a bit more flabby. Highs are just a bit more rolled off. The Sylvanias sound soooo smooth and warm and more delicate in the all important midrange, something that the Psvanes haven't yet matched.

I'll keep letting them burn in, but I think I've got a pretty good handle on how they sound compared to the Sylvanias.
Kward55,
Any update on Psvane vs Sylvania? How many hours you have on Psvane and are you noticing any more change in the sound? Which one are you preferring? I am using vintage sylvania in oppo 95.
I got a quad of these and I'm done tube rolling,
After trying most of the well reviewed NOS tubes there is nothing close to the Pavane CV 181/T II tubes, straight out of the box they blew me away,
After 200 hours my system has never sounded so good in every way, detail, bass extension, transparency.
I'll miss tube rolling I guess, but now I just listen and enjoy the music
I haven't used this amp, but I've never been disappointed with a Psvane/Black Treasure tube, CV181-T included.
FYI,  I think Psvane has a decent product but these are not the 
last word in 6sn7s.  What ever you do, do not order from ebay! and China!!!!   Ordered a matching quad on ebay for my cary slp 05 and had one arc, taking out the midrange of my Thiel 3.7s,  Had noise and hum with the remaining tubes.  Mailed two different packages back to China in an attempt to return and get credit and both packages were lost,  So I am out the $400 for the tubes + $350 to replace my midrange.  These tubes are total crap!!!! Do yourself a favor and buy a good set of vintage NOS JAN vt231s or even better some 6sn7ws.  Awesome sound.
bmontani
4 posts
12-16-2015 11:31pm

FYI, I think Psvane has a decent product but these are not the
last word in 6sn7s. What ever you do, do not order from ebay! and China!!!! Ordered a matching quad on ebay for my cary slp 05 and had one arc, taking out the midrange of my Thiel 3.7s, Had noise and hum with the remaining tubes. Mailed two different packages back to China in an attempt to return and get credit and both packages were lost, So I am out the $400 for the tubes + $350 to replace my midrange. These tubes are total crap!!!! Do yourself a favor and buy a good set of vintage NOS JAN vt231s or even better some 6sn7ws. Awesome sound.
Report this