Anybody Felt Lower-End ARC preamps Bass-Shy?

Any folks here who upgraded their lower-range Audio Research preamps to better ones and noticed a considerable improvement in the bass department? I own the LS-16 and thought the bass doesn't go to deep. Will the LS25 or LS26 have much better bass compared to the LS-16?

Thanks in advance.
ryder
After reading the responses from the other thread "Mono blocks are better or Stereo power amp?", most likely I'll be getting another Plinius amp and run in monoblocks.

Thanks all.
Ryder, LS-16 to Plinius should be OK. The amp is lacking power for your speakers and that needs to be addressed. I don't use subwoofer in my system and can't complain about the bass now with the 250w/ch, but when I had a 100w/ch amp the bass was lacking. Amplifier is the key in this case. Your LS-16 is fine. If you get an amp that can drive your speakers ful range with ease, you should get better balanced sound overall.
Be careful not to tune your system to fit one, perhaps not so great, recording. If your system is neutral and truthful it will show you how some recordings are wonderful and many are not.

Your system should not be making bass that isn't present on the recording.
Hard to believe the Plinius is having a tough time with 805's, but if you say so. I have dual Mk3's and one of the main reasons is to go fully balanced, which is not possible with RCAs.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1147688305&openflup&11&4#11
Ngjockey, I am not driving the 805's with the Plinius as they are 'easy' speakers. It's the PMC LB1 Sigs which have Dynaudio drivers. It's surprising these monitors can be quite power-hungry -250W/4ohms with a rather low sensitivity. The SA-100Mk3 only delivers 180W/4ohms and the difference is clearly apparent between running the speakers full-range and high-passing them. I also wished the Mk3 was sufficient for the PMC's but this didn't seem to be the case.

Although I felt the system sounded good high-passed with a subwoofer, I was intrigued by the benefits of running the speakers full-range after reading some comments from others here.

Thanks for the link on the informative thread.