MBL 9011 v/s Boulder 2050 monos

Hi,
Would like a shootout between the two monster amps. I would like to choose between the two based on my preferences:
1)Extreme neutrality
2)Ultimate transparency
3)Superb sound staging.
Would encourage folks to describe in as objective terms as possible (Lows, mids highs etc)
Enjoy.
-Sthekepat
Ag insider logo xs@2xsthekepat
Sthekepat:
The MBL sounded more warmer and softer but with higher extension on the top.
Well, your quick comment is reasonably close to my experience with Tannoys above. Only, I did not detect the same anomalies in the bass region from the MBL. Hence, I preferred the MBL in that application. I would probably prefer them driving the Kharma's ceramic driver set-up -- but am just speculating.
Has anyone compared the MBL 9011 v/s 9008A s ?
Would be interesting to hear the sonic differences !!
I would consider different i/c before I switched out amps since Nordost has some serious issues. The sonic flavours are very different cable to cable and would be a to hear new sounds from the same amps. Hope this helps Dennis
Given the preferences you list, Sthekepat, you sound like a prime candidate for MBL speakers. Given that you already have the preamp, I would take a good listen to the 111 or 116 speakers coupled with the 9007 amps. They together would clock in at a lower price than the 9011s alone, and I'm absolutely certain it would give you the improvements you ask for. :)

Now, if you have a large room (35-40m2 or larger) you really want the 101 speakers, but they are a bit expensive, and also want the larger amps like 9008 or 9011.

To my ears, 9008 and 9011 sound a bit bass-heavy when played on other speakers than the 101, which is what they were designed for. So if you want to couple these to other speakers I strongly recommend an in-home demo.
Thanks Osgorth.
I will be considering speakers pretty soon. My room is a dedicated room of about 22 x 15 x 9. I got e-mails from some who swear by the 9011s being the most transparent amp of all and as you mentioned with the MBL preamp it might make a swell combo. In about 10 days, I will have a shootout between the boulder 2050s and the mbl 9011s. Will post the results soon after.