Krell Service

Love to hear turn around times you have recently experienced at the Krell factory service dept.
128x128hiend2
Hiend2, I understand your feeling but yours is nothing to compare with mine. Here it is, let "me" cry my heart out: Bought SP16l & 4bsst brand new in the box. Less than a week, there are POP, tacks,Buzz...I went thru hell with local dealer and Bryston and after a lot of unfriendly exchange, Bryston send me a brand new replacement. ARC send the Sp16l back with NPF since the DC leakage is within their spec. I ended up have to trade the SP16l for a brand new pair of speakers of lesser value at local dealer. While most of ARC, Bryston fans highly praised their customer service but I simply have to disagree. So, be happy that the only expense from your part is "time" not the hard earn money.
Had an FPB 200c upgraded to 300 cx and it was done right and in time frame promised. Have had the amp for 5 years and never a day of trouble. Krells are built the way Mercedes used to build cars.

Neal
Service manager said 2 weeks or less. Simple fix 4 weeks. Not acceptable. If i pulled something like that where I work id be out the door. Krell does good work as they should.Ive spent upwards of 20K there. People there are very professional.
I have several horror stories as well.When i think of audio research, I think of 2000 service bills for tube amps.
I have had to send my KCT pre-amp back for repairs and my KPS-28c several months later. I wish they never needed repairs, but they did. The service department fixed them for me and so I am happy. Maybe they could have done it faster, or paid for my shipping costs, but still I am happy that they are working perfect now.
I find it comical that you pay top dollar for Krell, and when you call you get snobby attitude (Jim Ludivichino) and slow service. Probably trickles down from the owner DD who is not quite the nicest guy in town...Paaaaaaaalease. To pay Krell prices the service should be superb. I am finding this to be a problem with VTL too, although they aren't nearly as big as Krell. Go figure, they all overcharge and under deliver.

Maybe thats why our hobby is so uninteresting to most people. a shame