Nuforce 9.02s powering Maggies?

Does anyone have experience powering Maggies with a pair of NuForce 9.02 monoblocks? The NuForces are only rated at 160WPC but are extremely efficient. I currently use the amps to power some Von Schweikert VR4jrs and, according to my PS Audio Power Plant, are using somewhere in the range of 9-16 watts for a comfortable volume level in my room. Any experience...or speculations/predictions for a Nuforce/Maggie pairing would be appreciated!
128x128mdrummer01
Punkawalla:
How did you know I was dating?
The Maggie/Nuforce combination is a brainstorm that may come to fruition when a group from our local audio club gets together. Still too frickin' cold to get a real life here in Minneapolis. I am particularly curious to hear, if possible, the rendering of detail that would be heard w/ the pairing.
Listening room: 25'x12' (speakers on the short wall) w/9'celings.
Listen to female vocals, trio jazz, acoustic music, ECM recordings at the top of the list...moderate volume.
Shorts & socks??? Not on the the first date.
'M' in Mdrummer for 'modern'...I think. My then teenage son set up my email account and it stuck. I do play drums, less for a tip jar than for my personal mental health, also keeps my ears calibrated.
I've owned various models of Magnepan speakers over a 20 year span.In my opinion the Nu Force amps would be a less than desirable match.The speaker would not be performing to its potential with this amp,kinda like placing Walmart tires on a Porsche.In no particular order you may want to look at Bryston,or McCormack,both of these product lines deliver the goods with Maggies.
Markwatkis:
My initial thought was a lot like what you are saying...that to get the most from the Maggies, for the best dynamics and extension, drive 'em with a high WPC amp like Bryston. (I used to own a pair of 7BSTs and they easily drove multi-driver speakers like the Paradigm 100s.) So, in your opinion, would one want to steer clear of ANY Class D amp/Maggie pairing?
In my opinion the Nu Force amps would be a less than desirable match
What do you base that opinion on, Markwatkis?

Mdrummer, where do you live? Perhaps a nearby Audiogoner with Nuforce amps will be willing to bring them over for a listen with your Maggies.
Drubin: Actually, I own a set of NuForce 9.02s that have been modded(sp?) so they are more like the SE model but with a little more power...my friend has the Maggies. So, an 'experiment' is possible without much to risk. I'm just wondering about the power requirements of those speakers, as we have blown a fuse on a Cary V12R (50 WPC triode) during a bass heavy passage before. The basic question in my mind is: How much Class D power do you need to drive a set of 3.6R Maggies?