The synergy of Ayre a.k.a. the

I read many great reviews of Ayre components individually (including their amps, pre-amps, integrated amp, phono stage, and CD / universal players) but don't see many complete Ayre systems listed here on the 'gon. I would think there would be advantage to a complete Ayre system that is more than just a sum of the components. Sure, it ends the journey abruptly, but for some, that may not be a bad thing. Who has bought the "whole widget", found it not to be to their liking, and decided to go back to "mix-n-match" (with success)?
128x128nrenter
Thanks for the insights!

The reason I started this thread is because I'm looking to build a "simpler" system that helps me focus on what matters - the music. I used to have an all-tube point-to-point wired system, and I *loved* the sound. But being a geek, I could never leave things alone. I always listened to the *system* (and wondered if my tubes were in need of replacing, if a different set of NOS tubes would bring me nirvana, etc.) rather than listening to the *music*.

So, I am wondering if an all-Ayre system would be an ideal solution for me. From the responses I've read here, I think I at least owe one a listen. While I'd like K-5xe / V-5xe / P-5xe / Vandersteen Quatro combo, an AX-7e / CX-7e / P-5xe combo (along with Vandersteen 2ce Sig IIs) may be more realistic.

A couple more questions:

1) What's the list price of Ayre balanced interconnects and speaker cables?

2) Has anyone had Ayre mod their AX-7e so they could use a pair of Vandersteen 2Wq subs with their integrated?
I have heard the 5 series gear you list with the Quatros and VPI Scoutmaster/Dynavector cartridge and the sound is VERY GOOD. have also heard the CX-7e/AX-7e with speakers from Totem and Thiel. Both were also very nice.
After what Rufipennis said about the MX-rs driving the big Thiels I got to wondering, and went ahead and ordered the V-1XE amp to see how it compares to the Parasounds.
Nrenter,
"AX-7e / CX-7e / P-5xe combo (along with Vandersteen 2ce Sig IIs)"

That's pretty much my system. I'm really happy with it (though the Sigs are still breaking in and I need to bi-wire). I'm thinking I'm almost done. I'd like to upgrade some of my cabling and, maybe, add the line conditioner, but I could live with this set-up for a long, long time. I suppose if I win the lottery I might look to upgrade (and I'd probably start my search further up the Ayre and Vandersteen lines).
While I obviously can't know what Mcrheist experienced or didn't, I can honestly say that I have never had customer service with any company that compares with Ayre, whether Charlie, Michael or Steve. Everyone at Ayre has always been more than generous with their time for me and my questions, even back when I only had a K-5x (pre "e" upgrade). Always satisfied.
My experience in dealing with Ayre has been the same as Proth. Nothing but good.