The Best Amp for the Price of Dirt

The Berringer a 500 Reference Amp that can be purchased on Musican's Friend web site for 194.00( each) to your house in the US of A w/ a 2 year warranty is a KILLER. I have several amps and these are scarey. Granted they were designed overseas & built in China... However, they are 19lbs GIANTS . Don't take my word go to the "Audio Critic" web site for a full review. This is my one an only give-away . Use it or loose it. Best to 'All
crem1
I checked the website for a description. Just Google "Behringer".

My personal experience with the DEQ2496 (I have three of them) is great...no problems. I have heard of other people who got very good support from Behringer. I suspect that the bad-mouthing comes from people who use other brands, and feel threatened by the incredible value of Behringer products. And anyway, you could buy another one for less than the cost of repairing your typical high end product!
I just purchased one of these and hooked it up to some Paradigm Focus speakers in my office. I liked that it had plenty of power, but even compared to my Denon 3200 receiver it was not as natural. The high end was too bright and lacked in midrange. The bass was great but it was like having the loud button on the entire time.

The amp also was broken right out of the box. Channel 1 is shot. The front panel was loose and every time you moved the amp it would shoot static through that channel.

I heard great things about them, but I am going to pass and look for something entry level for my office so I can take my Denon back home.
Tb69396: Sorry to learn of your problem. By chance did you buy from Musicans Friend ? They sent mine Fed Ex no problem. Several years ago I was trucked a CJ 100 that was pretty banged up when I opened the box . I had to drive to N. Va from Towson, MD 3 x to fix the Amp.

Tb , are you awaire that when the 500A is used solo it rating is 130w @ 4ohms. I'm uncertian of the load factor for the focus but possibly the ohm rating was off resulting in thin mids , weak highs and bloated bass. Sometimes a resistor change within the amp or added to one link of the interrconnects can restore balance . Sounds bad but fixable.

The Denon is a good unit . A nice alcohol swabbing of the of the connections , a little fine sand paper on the plug , alcohol soaked cotton balls to clean the prongs of any residue w/ a touch of 3-in-one-oil on the cleaned plug prongs , hook it up and away you go to music-land. You could also crack the case replace the fuse with one of those upscale 24k units ( at approx. $30 ea.) & sapp the connections on the back w/ a little battery dc from a Aq Phono Demager to recalabrate , putting a Eagle socket in the wall($1.49). The re-do will flip you out. Best of luck!
Hi Fi world magazine reviewed these amps recently.They concluded they are excellent value PA type amps but did not measure or sound up to dedicated Hi Fi standards.

If you want cheap amps that do sound fantastic you probably can't beat the Sonic Impacts or kit chip amps.