Has anyone upgraded their preamp with V-caps?

I am interested in hearing about anyone's experience with upgrading their preamps with V-caps (in the output circuit). They are very expensive, i.e. 600.00 for two 2.0uF. I have heard that they are amazing caps and make a huge audio improvement, particularly in the bass and midrange.
jppenn
I don't know Unclejeff. That is why I'm asking the question. You are answering my question with another question.
Unclejeff,

I've been surprised that the more I upgrade my system, the more audible becomes even very small changes. Small incremental changes can make large perceived differences in a high calibre system. Perhaps the Law of Diminishing Returns needs adjustment.

Another approach is to ask the hard question, does an audio system make the music sound real? However good a system, the answer will always be no. When making an upgrade the question becomes, how much closer does this upgrade take the system toward realism? If the system is already at 9/10s, a movement of .5 (or 50% of the remaining gap) is significant. I see the problem more in terms of Zeno's Paradox than the Law of Diminishing returns. And I bet this psychological need for unobtainium is at the root of most high-end buying. The psyche registers percentage improvement as percentage of remaining gap to be closed.
Sherod, IMO if you are going thru the trouble and expense of replacing the coupling caps, do yourself a favor and put the good stuff in. Its not that much more!
I agree Atmasphere. I might as well go for the best. Why take 2nd best for such a critical coupling position, right?
Sherod,
I totally agree with Atmasphere. Why put in 2nd best, save a few bucks and keep on wondering whow the sound would be if you would have installed the v-cap. Put your mind at ease, put in the v-caps and enjoy your music!
As I said earlier, the V-cap in my tweeter XO is magic and it will show you how much lesser caps, even Mundorf silver/gold do harm to the signal!
regards
Michael