best preamps in the 4K-8K range

I'm looking for some opinions on preamps. My current system is: Ayre Cx-7 CD player, Arcam AV8 preamp, Cary 500 MB monoblocks (currently using arcam P7 preamp, but have the Carys on order), Dali euphonia MS4 speakers, Richard Gray Power. I find m current system nice, but slightly analytical, and not as 3-dimentional as I'd like. I'd also like some more musicality with a touch of warmth. I have been thinking about BAT, Cary, Herron and Pass labs preamps--some would need to be picked up used on audiogon to stay in my price range. I would certainly appreciate any thoughts on what might go well with my system from any audiogoners. Thanks
tcheathertree
I agree with the VAC. Used Ren Mk2 w/line stage should be near the bottom of your range and if you get lucky, you can get a Ren Sig Mk 2 near the top of your range. Of course, I own the Ren Mk 2 and love it. I will say that it is possible that the Cary amp may give you the warmth you are looking for. The Joules are excellent and also since you don't need a line stage, First Sound. Really quite neutral and might work just fine with the Carys.
Post removed 
A CJ Premier 16, version 2. Man this is pure musical magic and the backbone of a great system. Get it and Amperex NOS's. Heaven.

Bill
First Sound won't get you where you want to go with more warmth and a less analytical sound. The First Sound preamps are Ferraris, and it sounds to me like you want a Rolls.
Tvad

Of course that could all change when the Cary monoblocks replace the Arcam amp. Maybe he should hold off asking for preamp advice until he hears the new amps. I know I would.