845 Tube vs KT90

Thinking about auditioning/purchasing a 845 mono block, may cost me big money, so i'd like a few ideas on what to expect from the 845 tube image.
I have a Jadis OR with KT90 and really offers me pretty much what i love in my classical music, each orch section is heard distinctly from the others, IOW the sound stage has presence. However I've heard such wonderful comments about the "king of all tubes" the 845.
I'm wondering though, will the single 845 tube deliver the same separation of fq's as well as the dynamics of the mids are separate from the highs and lows. I do not like at all the image presented by the KT88 tube, nor the 300B tube for classical. Both from my experience have presented classical/orch as a flat one dimensional sound. A total flop.
For light rock , jazz, blues these tubes seem to be best.
So what should I expect from the 845 on classical, though I realize not every 845 amp will present the same image, inner components quality also play a big role. Just looking for general characteristcs as concerns the separtion of the 3 main fq's/lows/mids/highs.
bartokfan
Jeff interesting post. The 845 I am interested in are the Cayin mono blocks, not the big ones, its the $5K model. Not sure of the specs, it may be push pull. . IOW like the Cayin 300, they offer 2 models, the push pull (P) and the 300 set (D model)
I believe I heard the push pull with Silverline Sonatas, 4 yrs ago. I guess the push pull 300 will have more drive for orch vs the set model. So my opinion can't be established until I know which model I heard.
I'd love to audition a 845 in my home.
So there is a ;pw powered SET 845 and the push pull 845.
btw the JOR is rated conservative 40 watts, but tends to be flat unless the tone controls are biased up almost all the way. Which I've been told by the local tech guy is not a proper image. But hey i like it that way and thats all that matters.
I'm interested to know if the 845 will present the orch without the need for pumping the bias up. IOW w/o the use of the tone controls on the JOR the image is way too flat.
The Chinese KT88 amp I demoed at home was useless on the Thor'in any music.
It sounded like the old 60's AM radio.

When I play Faith Hill and the bass tone turned up, vol at 9 o clock, the 7 inch midbass flutter being so over loaded. So the JOR has power, but only if boosted by the tones. i guess I want a tube amp to deliver the lows and highs with minimium roll off. And no muddy/murky/smokey mid section.
Is there such a beast?
>>unless the tone controls are biased up almost all the way.<<

That's hilarious.

How do you expect to evaluate any amplifier, speaker, and/or tube combination with tone controls maxed out?

Lastly, it is disingenuous to judge the qualities of any output tube heard only in Cayin equipment. That is anlagous to judging all gasoline powered automobiles after test driving a Yugo.
i guess I want a tube amp to deliver the lows and highs with minimium roll off. And no muddy/murky/smokey mid section.
Based upon your comments here, and in previous threads, I would suggest listening to some push/pull designs.

>>unless the tone controls are biased up almost all the way.<<

That's hilarious.
Audiofeil, please tell us you have something better to do than follow Bartokfan around these threads. Almost daily, we read about the demise of this hobby, due primarily to the abrasive attitudes of dealers like yourself. What is the purpose of berating people here? Your closet is not free of skeletons, and yet no one is constantly targeting you, as you are others. Your previous behavior in these threads was totally unethical, and yet you returned to the discussions without humility. You have 40+ years experience in this hobby. Why use it as a weapon, when you could just as easily encourage more people to participate in high end audio by educating them with a sliver of empathy for what they don't know. Please consider it.
Boa2, wouldn't that comment have been better communicated through an aside email? Punitive, public tongue lashing, with your normal pedantic, oratory is hard as usual to take. I would have sent you this email on the side, but I know that I am banned forever from sending you emails. I honor that, but not your self-righteous, full of yourself, 'tude....peace, warren :)