Can the AVM 6.2 or Pass INT-60 replace my LM845P?

Hi, I would like to have a more simple system. One I can play all day without thinking about expensive tubes (:

I have the LM 845 Premium, a VERY good amplifier.

But I would like to have a more down to earth amp.

I have investigated integrated SS amps and have found the AVM 6.2ME and the Pass INT-60.

Unfortunately I will not be able to listen to any of them before buying, so I ask the brain trust for advice.

Will I be a sad man if I sell my tube amp and replace it with one of the suggested amps?

martin-andersen
Forget Class AB,get a Sugden A21SE,Pass INT-25,Accuphase A36 or Luxman L590-AX2 & you'll never deal with tubes again..
@three_easy_payments A more down to earth amp is one that I can use for background music and one that cost less in maintenance.Would also be nice if it was smaller and not 62kg
@martin-anderson   

A more down to earth amp is one that I can use for background music and one that cost less in maintenance.Would also be nice if it was smaller and not 62kg

I bought a Sugden A21SE for this purpose.  It's working out very well.
Background music? Get some inexpensive Class D, You can leave it on all the time.
@martin-andersen,

What do Tekton speakers have to do with buying a SS amp instead of the guys tube amp?
There is no sold state amp that can recreate the magic of an845

Your best bet get a tube amp with cheaper tubes

We have been doing This professionaly for 30 years 300b and 845 tubes a have a very unique sound

Dave and troy
AUDIO INTELLECT NJ

@stereo5 Yeah, I inquired into the speakers because I was thinking amp/speaker synergy. The 4 ohm Tektons may actually sound very good with the Pass amp as the amp does a really good job doubling output into 4 ohms. I have the LM805 and would never sell it - I simply bought a Class A SS amp for streaming - but @audiotroy is correct, it’s just not the same sonic experience - which is why I keep both amps.

@aduiotroy,
"We have been doing This professionaly for 30 years 300b and 845 tubes a have a very unique sound"
Yep!

I believe that the OP can find sonic satisfaction with a good quality solid state amplifier but it will certainly  be different.
Charles

I have a sony ta-4650 (V-fet) amp and a preamp mikrolampizator valve (lukasz fikus), really better than my Sugden A21SE, it'a another world!!!
My Sansui AU-777A is also better than the sugden.
The V-fet amp are compared with triode 300b, i found better than the 845se dinan, i've compared with my friend.
This is a tough one.  I have a customer who is grappling with this now on a pair of Tekton Ulfberht's.  Interestingly he has a pair of Cary 845s and 845s are my favorite tube as the Art Audio Quartets are my all-time favorite amps.  

The reality is, no SS amp is going to recreate an 845.  The imaging won't be the same.  That being said, odds are your 845 is struggling a hair with bass performance on those Double Impacts.  

Bass performance will improve.  Imaging will suffer.  Tonally, they will probably fall in about the same place as 845s tend to be a very linear tube and less rolled off than 300Bs.  

My customer spent two weeks with the AVM A5.2 and the Canor AI 1.10.  He thought the Canor was the best option with the exception that he is in a big room and the 20w in triode is not enough in his space.  Reference listening had the volume at like 90%.  I think he is going to move forward with the AVM 6.2 ME as he liked the 5.2 a lot and is just looking for a touch more refinement. 

Looking only at SS, you are on the right path as those two will be very good.  I am highly biased toward AVM, partially because I am a dealer but I do genuinely like the sound and build quality of their gear.  I have had a 5.2 here for months and once you get through the break-in period, it is wonderful and the 6.2ME is quite a bit better.  

I don't sell Pass but obviously it is excellent gear and highly recommended.  

I would also suggest you check out the Canor AI 1.20, 50w into 4 ohms and it will do the job very well with those Tektons.  I suggest this largely because I am the importer, but I am certain it will do the job well.  

I know it still has tubes, but maintenance is MUCH lower and tube life is dramatically longer.  The LTA Z40 integrated would also be a very good choice.  I heard the power amp driving Tektons and it was a very good match.   
I can’t audit the 6.2 ME only the 8.3 with tubes. Is that a waste of time?Or wil it give me a taste of the AVM sound?
The 8.3 will be sweeter.  You will get a flavor for the sound but it will sound more tube-like than the 6.2 ME.  I had the 8.3 monos here and they could be mistaken for a KT88 based amp.  Not sure the 6.2 ME is quite that nice.
I have a suggestion for you to look into as a potential new option. The integrated amplifier is made by a company called Circle Labs. The A200. It is a hybrid integrated amplifier with a tube preamplifier linked to a class A single ended, solid state output.

This unit is all about tone. Very open and beautiful sounding. Gobs of detail presented in a very life like and natural manner.

Colin of Gestalt Audio Design in Nashville is the dealer/importer. Very special unit. Only two small signal tubes in the preamp circuit that are not costly and last 10,000 hours.

Innovative circuit design with short signal paths, minimal number of parts and a robust power supply.

It delivers the kind of sound you may prefer based on your post. Great for low level listening as the music’s sonic nuances still come through.
I use a pair of Schiit Aegirs with my Tekton 2-10 Perfect Sets.  It’s a match made in heaven and very reasonably priced for what you get.  The amps have a standby mode so they are always warmed up.  Sounds like the best qualities of tubes blended with the best of SS.

Should sound even better with the DI’s.

Qualifier - I use silver speaker cable with them.  Don’t go cheap there for best SQ.
I just took delivery of the AVM SA8.2 and I have to say it sounds very very good with my Focal Sopra 3’s. The bass is very tight and punchy and the mids and highs are transparent but not fatiguing. Was previously using the Anthem STR integrated amp. I’m sure the 6.2ME will have a similar sound character. Also the build quality is absolutely amazing.