KT88 recom. for quicksilver mini mono's

I recently aquired a set of mini's and am looking for sugestions on tubes. Of what I have tried so far I have found I like the sovtek 6L6's. Upscale recommended the EHkt88 for a clean,dry, less warm sound, since I think that is the direction I am going in. What would you guys recommend that you have tried, what would you not recommend? Thanks, Matt
toomuchstuff
Thanks Guys, Tried some chinese kt88's this morning. No name tubes, but didn't like them regardless. will try some more and still look forward to your ideas. Thanks, Matt
Jax2 : putting the KR brand on a Tesla tube is not what i call making a tube.
KR rebranded some KT88 but never did one.
Jax2 : putting the KR brand on a Tesla tube is not what i call making a tube.
KR rebranded some KT88 but never did one.

Ah, well forgive me for not telepathically being able to interpret your personal standards. As I understood it, Riccardo Kron contracted with the Tesla factory to build his design. He was unhappy with the work they did and ceased production.

From the 6moons Interview of Kron:

You specialize in triodes though the KR KT-88 you produce is technically a tetrode. Explain this focus and why you're not interested in pentodes.

As an old-timer with tubes, I'm interested in all tube technology. However, pentodes cannot be successfully manufactured using our process. We were cooperating with another line production facility here in Prague, to build the KR KT-88. But our high QC standards could not be sustained by Tesla. The quality we received for our design was unacceptably low, unworthy of the KR brand name and trademark. With great disappointment, we had to suspend our work with the Tesla people.
Jax2 : well with your personal standard i could take a pen and write "Genelex" on any KT88.
The fact is that there's very few chances that those tubes will sound like a Genelex :)