preamp to go with counterpoint amp

What preamps go best with counterpoint power amps?
I'm considering counterpoint for possible best compatibility.
Any others? For orchestral/classical music, dynamic sound.
samuellaudio
I used a couple of counterpoint preamps back in the nineties. I had the SA200 Linestage, and the SA5000 with phono. The latter was their flagship and a class B rated preamp in Stereophile.

Compared to the likes of Audio Research and CAT, I found the Counterpoint model to sound a bit veiled. I also prefered my VAC CPA 1 MKll to the Counterpoint offerings. I hope this is of some help to you. Good Luck.
Which Counterpoint amp? Any chance you're the lucky owner of Counterpoint SA4 mono blocks?
I dont know about other manufacturer's offerings.I have had several Counterpoint amps and preamps over the years and would say go with one of those.Mike's work is very good along with his customer service.If you live in Mpls. you would be welcome to hear for yourself,good luck,bob
I would recommend a neutral preamp, if you really want to hear the counterpoint amp. I don't have any direct experience with counterpoint preamps. However, I'm currently using a sonic frontiers line 2 preamp with a counterpoint NPS-200A Mk II, and quite happy with the combination.