Just ordered my Supratek Chenin Preamp

Ordered it in Piano Black with chrome, remote control and HT bypass options. Now comes the hard part - waiting for it to be built and shipped! Hope the time passes quickly...
ait
Hey Ait. Congrats on your preamp choice sir,and it's well worth the wait. As others have suggested: run it in for a few hundred hours before rolling tubes. Most nos 6sn7's from different manufacturers[and there are many] will have a flavour... the RCA grey glass is a good one but do roll out the sovtek rectifier first. An old nos Mullard GZ-34 is far superior[sonically] and will last for many years to come.
Interesting thread. I've been a long time user/hoarder of the 6SN7/VT-231 tube because of my Blue Circle BC21, but I have rarely heard or read anything about the RCA grey glass. It seems to be a popular choice for the Suprateks. Can you folks tell me how this tube compares sonically to other 6SN7s like the Sylvania VT-231 or Ken-Rad black glass VT-231? Thanks!
Gunbei, I have been through a ton of 6SN7's in my Supratek. The RCA certainly is not in my top three. And all of my NOS 6SN7's are sitting on the shelf now. I am currently using EH 6SN7's and they are as good or better across the board than any NOS 6SN7 I have tried.

No more $$$ NOS 6SN7's for me. Try a pair of EH 6SN7's and see what you think. I know of several Supratek owners that now have all of their NOS 6SN7's in boxes.
EH as in Electro Harmonix? I didn't even know they made a 6SN7. Thanks for the heads up, Fiddler.
Ait,
I have the same exact preamp in the same color. It is a joy to listen to and a joy to look at. You will be very happy! Bob