vintage tuners

Since my interest is growing in vintage integrateds I have had the opertunity to listen to their tuners. I am finding that they are actually quite good. So that leads me inot my next curiosity.

Now that we are this supposedly better quality digital age. I know the radio stations are beginning to launch digital signals. So wont these analog tuners become extinct? Anyone know how much time we have? I'm assuming it is around 2009 when the TV networks are forced to broadcast in only digital signal.
kt_88
FM will die when vinyl does. If your can afford it, check out the Marantz 10B.

jh
I had been in the 'vintage'' tuners for the past 10 years. Owned many ''classics'' (the usual prospects from Kenwood, Sansui and the like, from $ 75.00 to over $ 600.00 ).

Lately, I came across this little unassuming tuner from Cayin, the 220i, and was given a lesson in all the detail I had been missing. Here's my take on it:

If you go with a tube amp (like me), you will get all the creamy butterscotch you need sound-wise with a modern tuner.

Once I let this slim little Cayin bugger warm-up, I gave it a listen, I switched stations VIA THE REMOTE CONTROL, until I found a terrific tune. The soundstage was huge, and I heard detail I never hear from ANY of my vintage tuners (one of which I purchased at a high price and was perfectly aligned) I told myself '' good enough for me, no way I'm going back to vintage tuners, game over''.
Actually guys I think most of you missed the original intent of the post. What I was curious aobut was the signal change from analog to digital. I know many large radio stations are gearing up to brodcast in digital. I know that the FCC is planning to gobble up all the analog stations in late 2009. So if analog is going to disappear in the near future. What whould be the point of buying an expensive analog tuner? It will just sit there and look pretty.

I will admitt that tuners seem to do an excellent job of presenting a sound stage. And I don't need to keep getting up to put on more music.