Preamp Caps?Auricap,Mundorf, Hovland, jensen,solen

Hello,
I have a preamp with only 2 Signal caps directly in front of two tubes shot right out to the amps, extreme simplicity and excellent sound. This is the first preamp that came stock with Auricap's I have owned or heard, most in the past have always had Multicaps, Kimber caps in my previous pre's. I can say I think the Auricaps are quite a bit better but not that expensive or the end all-be all that I understand. Now I have had some crossovers and a Preamp with Solen fastcaps in it, and they are the best in Bass I have heard out of all of them, not that it makes them superior just an observation. I have also purchased Jensens oil and put them in Tube equipment in the past, not bad but did not blow my doors off.. And Finally Hovlands, not my Cup if you know what I mean, I found them the most expensive and the least impressive, could be the mix of component used in, but whatever too dry for me. Mundorf is a little newer on the scene to me and I thought the Hovlands were pretty obscene in cost, however these are the new Cost and hype leaders from what I can tell today. I am considering trying the Mundorf Silver in oil supreme caps at no small cost to see if they are gonna create more magic than the Auricaps. . What is the character of this cap? I want very 3d and open yet still have some intimate warmth and very powerful bass. Is this a cap worth venturing over all the other explanations I left here? Needs a liquid sound, and get that fairly deep bass solen seems to be capable of for only a couple dollars a cap, cause I do not want to soften the already slightly soft Tube bass. Thanks to all that know about this tweaking and expereance with these caps . . Again its only 2 Caps, very easy to install so its hard to keep my hands off, but do not want to go backwards or waste the cause if its not gonna be very significant in this specific application, Anybody know of any good tube equipment or preamps using these mundorf super caps? By the way my tubes are Mullards NOS. Preamp manufacture would seem to be irrelevant here and yes I am pretty dang happy with the sound for the money already, but there is always more right 
undertow
I would like to comment that the above posters are going about selecting capacitors the "right" way. That is, to experiment with your specific piece of equipment and letting your own ears be the judge. There is no right or wrong in capacitor selection, it is a sonic recipe. Often a combination of two different caps.
Thank you Tom, for your detailed reply. I have tube monoblock amps that also have an input impedance of 100K ohms. As I understand the formula for determining the preamp output cap value, the lower the cap value, the lower the bass -3db roll-off point, correct? Also, Tom, when you put in the OIMP 2.7 uf caps, did you put them in alone and break them in before you put on the Teflon bypass caps or did you put everything in together and go through the long break-in period?
Well, here's my situation. I recently replaced two 4.0uf Hovland Musicaps for equal value V-Cap OIMP(oil impregnated) caps in the output of my preamp. After about 400 hours of break-in( ample time, I would imagine) I determined that the OIMP V-caps were superior in most respects, particularly in allowing more information through, especially in the highs. However, in my extended listening sessions, I've found that the OIMP has a slight sonic signature of a little extra warmth, fullness and perhaps a roundness or softness, if you will. This signature is easy to live with because it is euphonic and actually adds a texture or coloration that enhances rather that detracts from the listening experience. However, being the anal perfectionist that I am and wanting a purer and more neutral characteristic of tones and timbres, I decided to bypass the OIMP with a smaller( .1uf) V-cap teflon. After going through the unbearable time of break-in for the Teflons( I'm currently approaching 400 hours) I have concluded that although the teflon bypass caps do indeed take some of the over-warmthness away and nicely extend both frequency extremes, the overall sound has a shelved-effect. It's difficult to explain this phenomena, but it's like a tilting up of the frequency where all the frequencies seem a little thinner and elevated. This isn't a too bright sound, just an over-elevation of tonal balance. I'm now frustrated because I thought that maybe I had hit the ultimate synergy with the V-Cap combo. I haven't given up just yet, though. I'm thinking that maybe, the .1uf Teflon value might be either too large or too small. I'm not sure because this cap evaluation is relatively new to me. So maybe other members might be able to make some suggestions. My tube monoblock amps have an input impedance of 100K ohms and the preamp has roughly 600 ohms output.
Sherod: "As I understand the formula for determining the preamp output cap value, the lower the cap value, the lower the bass -3db roll-off point..." No, Sherod, that's backwards. The formula for determining the -3dB ("filter") point of a hi-pass cap is F = 159155/RC where F = frequency in Hertz, R = resistance in Ohms, and C = capacitance in microFarads. Since the F is in the denominator of the fraction, a larger C causes F to decrease. So higher-value cap = lower filter point.
Sherod,

Though my experience with substitute couplers is not extensive, in the course of web searches I came across several reviewers with similar observations of discontinuous treble as a result of bypassing non-teflon couplers with small teflon caps.

I've heard substantial improvement with Mundorf Silver/Gold in place of REL styrene in my tube pre, and V-Cap TFTF in place of BAT OIP in my tube amp. In another line-level component I'm about to replace Hovland Musicap with Mundorf Silver/Gold. My listening experience with the V-Cap vs. BAT oilers reveals that at this level teflon is more precise, revealing & linear across the entire frequency range, with less swelling in the bass and midrange.

The Silver/Gold & V-Cap TFTF are both great caps!