I hope break in is true

This is the first time I ever bought a brand new out of the box Preamp. No, wait. Second but, the other doesn't count.
I had made previous posts about my decision to downsize.
I have, everything is kinda good. You know, Okay.
I bought a pre here. great seller, great store. Couldn't have been smoother.
I am just not used to this type of stuff. I wanted something with a phono included. I kept it well under a $1000.00
Now, I got to ask you guys. Will this thing get better???/
I have not had to worry about break in before. Does it really exist?
It is a very well built unit. Remote, I'm not used to that! That's nice. Has everything I need. Except it isn't alive. The music is there, presented very nicely. Clean, no extra stuff. Just doesn't have any dimension.
Please tell me this is going to get better:)
scottht
Hey guess what. I have left it on for over a week now and it sounds better. Thanks for everything :)
I certainly wasn't looking for a debate. I was complaining the pre wasn't what I expected. I was somewhat sarcastic when I posted I hope break in is true. Please, I have been here at AG longer than most. I am one of the old timers. Every now and then I will get sarcastic. Sorry
Scott
No prob. Yes, you've been here a long time. That's why I was surprised you posted a question that seems to be asked every other week. I didn't get your sarcasm. I'm sorry. Although I'm known more for unwanted humor then assistance, I do get cranky now and then. My post about running a search was so much aimed at you as some of the obvious newbies in the thread. I apologize.
Flyski, By what you say, do you honestly beleive that a designer/manufacturer doesn't design a product to sound a particular way once it's burned-in? All my Hifi was designed to perform to the end result, not like it sounds fresh out of the box. I know because I have had lengthy conversations with each of them.
Happy Listening?!
Here is something I found quite amuzing:

From the French Audio Magazine on a Bryston amp.

When you get it fresh from the factory, this amp is, for all intents and purposes, unlistenable. It requires at least a two-week break-in period before it shows its real stuff I was able to hear it both before and after its two- to three- week high volume workout: the difference is colossal! Of course my real test was done with a system that was well "broken in" and that was connected to a high-quality source and first-class speakers."

From the 10audio review on Bryston amp:

"If there was a break-in period, it was probably less than 10 hours. I used the amp for background music for a day before attempting any serious listening, and was not aware of a change in the character of the amp afterwards. I’ve remarked in other reviews that almost every component sounds pretty bad for the first 10 hours or so. That observation probably does not apply here due to the extensive run-in every Bryston product receives at the factory before shipment. Don’t you wish that every other maker of high-end electronics would deliver a product that you could actually use as intended upon receipt?"

So what we have here is one guy who finds a "collosal" difference after 3 weeks and another who finds nothing after 10 hours.

The truth is Bryston "burns in" their amps at the factory extensively for over 100 hours in order to make sure they are stable, meet the specs and so they can give you their 20 year warranty!!!