Recommend relatively obscure high end tube preamps

Just wondering whether people can offer advice on high end preamps worth auditioning. I am looking for those who have experience with more esoteric and expensive equipment (MSRP >5000). I've owned Wavac (never should have sold it) and now own the Aesthetix Callisto Signature. I've owned BAT, CJ, ARC so I'm not looking for answers on things you can readily find.

One that comes to mind is the Brinkmann Marconi. Any opinions?

What else is out there?

~ William
classicjazz
Does anyone have experience with the Art Audio pre-Amps? They use NOS tubes and will build to you're specific needs. Their web site is undergoing an upgrade and don't have much info. on the new models like the Alana.
Frank
I auditioned and put in an order for an Emotive Audio Epifania linestage. I have no idea about it's topology, except that the manufacturer claims that the signal passes through only one output tube and somehow the output impedance is kept very low without the use of a cathode follower.

The Epifania can be ordered with several options -- with or without teflon caps (quite expensive), manual or remote control (volume, balance, mute and input switching), and choice of wood for the base. The base model is something like $17,000.

As far as I know, it has only been reviewed once, by the recording engineer Steve Hoffman, for the on-line magazine Tone. I believe this is the same person who has given rave reviews to WAVAC amplifiers so he is on the same page as you are.
Wyetech Opal. A Harry Pearson (TAS) favorite and the most bandwith, naturalness and realism of any pre I have heard in 35 years of this mania. Almost never found used, only 2 sellers in US, but well worth seeking out. Also built to last forever.

Neal