Lamm ML1.1 & ML 2.1

Hi,

I've the opportunity to heard 2 times the ML2.1 - 18 watts class A - first time on JM Lab Grande Utopia BE and the other one, on Kharma CRM 3.2

I love the sound of the ML2.1 : so natural, so human...

But I don't know the lower priced ML1.1 - the 90 watts -I'm living in France and it's not well distributed.

What differs between both in terms of sound ?

Do you know other amp with this kind of natural sound - at same price or lower !!!!

Thanks

David
davidri
Dmailer, my room is bigger, 700 square feet, I listen normal 85Db-95Db. But, at the same time, WOW, the low level microdynamics are amazing. I have been playing around with sources last night, and hearing much bigger differences with the Lamms, than any of the 40 plus I have owned in the past few years. I still own and LOVE my Dodd 120's, headbanging at it's finest, but these, in general are fabulous too.

Ya Gotta try the Amperex 12AX7's bugle boys, d getter from the 50's....very very nice
No detectable distortion here, either - PLENTY of headroom with 18 watts, at any sane (or somewhat insane) volume level. Enjoy!
Chances are that there is probably not anything wrong with your amps. It may just be the combination of the size of room, the high spl level you like to listen and the effeciency of your speakers. My room is about 425 square feet. I do listen to music at times in the 90-95db range but most of the time closer to 70-80db range. As I said before I haven't really noticed any distortion at any level that I would be listening.