Lamm ML1.1 & ML 2.1

Hi,

I've the opportunity to heard 2 times the ML2.1 - 18 watts class A - first time on JM Lab Grande Utopia BE and the other one, on Kharma CRM 3.2

I love the sound of the ML2.1 : so natural, so human...

But I don't know the lower priced ML1.1 - the 90 watts -I'm living in France and it's not well distributed.

What differs between both in terms of sound ?

Do you know other amp with this kind of natural sound - at same price or lower !!!!

Thanks

David
davidri
Have any of you guys rolled the 6N6P=E182CC with a bendix 6900, or other 6119/5687 variant?
Onebgyn, I bought the ML2 for exact reason you stated. I have also been told the ML2 is a bit better, and on top of it, a bit less $$$. I have heard the Dartzeel at the recent T H E show on the VR9's, and thought it was nice, the bass was not well defined, and the soundstage was not right. I understand it was SHOW conditions, but, hey SS is NOT SET. I have 12 tweeters, and 12 mid bass in my new speakers. I hope I will find my Nirvana, as well. Thanks for the feedback.

Dmailer, I talked to you before I bought my Reimers, and yes, they are real good speakers, I feel they are a bit tougher to drive than my present Epiphany's. My room is pretty large, almost 20 x 40, and if yours is much smaller, these amps should probably work for you. Good luck my friends.

Steve
20x40 room, wow, thats a large room. I remember seeing the Ephiphany speakers at Home Entertainment show here in NYC a year or two ago. The room was packed with people, so I really didn't get a chance to hear them because of the crowd, but they were beautiful speakers for sure.

I was checking out Onebgyn's room too, very nice indeed. What's this about a new ML3 - 30 watts for $135k? The Fed better keep raising interest rates because inflation is definately showing its face. :)

My room size is quite small, my listening space is 12'x12' so it's nearfield listening for me. I'm very limited to my room size for speakers.

I wonder if there are other speakers I should consider given the small room size? I've always been curious about a pair of Quads, but I just don't have the space. Monitors and a sub - I'm very skeptical about subwoofers and how they integrate. Monitors with no sub - why not just go with small floor standers? Any thoughts for a small room?
"Have any of you guys rolled the 6N6P=E182CC with a bendix 6900, or other 6119/5687 variant?"

I haven't.

Everyone I have talked to who are knowledgeable in tubes seem to think that the only tube to benefit is the 12AX7 as it is the first tube seen by the signal.
Guys, you are forgeting one very important amplifier that competes head to head with the ML2.1 - the VAC Phi Beta 110. In some ways, I feel that the VAC is even better then the Lamm. Both of these designs offer out-of-this-world sonics.

Has anyone here compared the two?