Are Accuphase preamps "dull" sounding ?

I have just bought an Accuphase DP55V CDP and enjoying it a lot (please check the rest of my system).

I am thinking of getting an Accuphase preamp but had not find a lot of ink on them (at least not to the same extent of their digital products), and wondering why?

Are they dull sounding?
Is it because they come with "tone controls"? .. (ouch!!)

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Fernando
128x128flg2001
"Except, maybe, for many Americans, who have the tendency to overpraise the brands of their country..."

Well Adhoc, you're off to a good start to making friends in the Audiogon community! If you put forth some effort to read the vast wealth of information in the A'gon threads, you will learn that many of us americans are quite critical of a lot of products made in our own country....as well as everywhere else. We are no different than anyone else when it comes to wanting continuous refinements to our music systems. And often the result is a system of components from around the globe.

John
I find all Accuphase products dull sounding, and it is not jingoism, as I much prefer the Reimyo PAT777 Japanese made amp.
I use an Accuphase active crossover, which is a kind of preamp. I like tubes, and have tried as hard as I can to find something wrong with the sound of the Accuphase, but I can't, it sounds great. I will keep trying, though.
Ok Jafox !
Maybe was it just an impression of mine ?

I just notice, maybe not here, at Audiogon, that 80% of American people keeps speaking and comparing Krell with Audioresearch, Lamm with Spectral, etc etc
It's not often I see brands like Accuphase, Burmeister, Audio Net,Zingali, etc named.
Of course, it happens, but not as often as it deserves, to my opinion, and by far !

That's all !
And quite normal, on such a big market with so many good american brands.
It's the same in every field with Americans ! hehe !
I love mine this ancient Accuphase pre I just got. It gives me the best sound I have had. It took all tthe digital glare out but left the detail -SWEEEEET!