Speakers For McIntosh MC352

I am currently looking at upgrading my speakers (Mirage M1's) and would like to know what other mac owners are using and what they think. I am looking at JM Lab, B&W and thiel but am open to other suggestions as well. By the way has anyone heard the McIntosh MCD201 cd player yet? I might pick one of these up instead of the speakers(Undecided) but am waiting for my local McIntosh dealer to get one in.
sroka004538e
You mention the speakers that have been listed in a number of threads. I'll throw another name in the ring: Tannoy. I have a pair of D-700's with a MAC 2102/C2200 amp/pre combo and couldn't be happier. There is great synergy between MAC and Tannoy. It'll be worth the effort to follow up. Good Luck,

Mike.
With a McIntosh C-40 preamp, Marantz Digital front end, and the MC352, I absolutely enjoy music thru my Spendor SP100's. The Spendors are relatively sensitive speakers at 90 db but they still need power such as that of the MC352 to control the 12" woofers. The vocals are just intoxicating with this combo. I listen to mostly jazz and classical, at low-moderate volume levels. Hope this is helpful.
I am using Klipsch Klipschorns with the MC352. Would suggest that you DEMO the new Klipsch Cornwall III's. It is one of the best speakers that I have ever owned. MSRP is 3500 but can be found for less. With the MC352 there are too many choices-so the only limitations will be your budget. Let your ears decide.

I'm also waiting to DEMO a MCD201. Here is a link to a Mc users group. You will find some reports on Mc gear and see what others are using.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54
Hi,
I've got a new mc 352 driving a pair of proac 1sc's and I'm using a mcd201 with no preamp.

This is a great combination........
Here is the rest of my system.

McIntosh MC352 Power Amplifier
McIntosh C2200 Pre Amplifier
Transparent Musiclink interconnects (supers are next)
Transparent Wave 100 speaker cable (Same thing)
Mirage M1 Speakers
Bang & olufsen Beomaster 5000 tuner
Carver S/DA 350 cd player (see why i'm excited about the MCD201)

Thanks