Clever Little Clock - high-end audio insanity?

Guys, seriously, can someone please explain to me how the Clever Little Clock (http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina41.htm) actually imporves the sound inside the litening room?
audioari1
Bearotti,

The Pebbles, in my experience, provided greater soundstage depth. I seem to recall that it also increased system resolution, but my recall on that point is suspect.

I've written about my experience with the Clever Little Clock at the link shown below.

Clever Little Clock Listening Impressions
Joe: Don't you dare touch that rocky soil of yours! I'm completely dependent on its being exactly where it is, undisturbed and having absolutely no relation or interaction with my system in the least -- otherwise my sound will just totally fall apart (especially if you ever put a jar of it inside your car). Sorry to impose upon you this way, but I know you'll understand and do what's best for your fellow audiophile. My check for $199 is in the mail. Others should follow suit if they want this hobby to survive. Bless you. (Call me from the yacht sometime!)
I don't understand why people are so keen on trashing this particular product. It has no less scientific legitimacy than any number of tweaks that you wouldn't dare criticize unless you were prepared to weather a storm--green pens, cable lifts, many high-priced cables themselves, isolation devices for electronics, etc. If we start doubting clocks, where will it end?

(When I first saw the Intelligent Chip, I thought it was a spoof. Then I found out they were really selling the thing. Now I think Machina Dynamica is actually a performance art project.)