Active Crossover Recommendations

I want to experiment with using an Active Crossover to seperate high frequencies (going to my Quad 988's through Cary EL34 triode amps) from low frequencies (going to self powered subs by TBI or an ACI Titan). Can anyone recommend a good active crossover with a steep slope for this application. I would like the Xover frequency to be somewhere between 80-120 hz, best case around 100 hz.

Thanks very much for your suggestions.
peter_s
does anyone have the equation for calculating required capacitance for use in a crossover (given amplifier input impedance)? this thread stalled just when it got handy...

tia
Rhyno, I assume you;re referring to a passive line level low-pass? If so, 1st order Butterworth is C= 1/2pi(F)(Ramp)(1+a). F= xover frequency, Ramp is the amp's impedance, a is the relation between amps' gain.
I.e. if a=1, the amps to be used have identical gain. If not, give a the appropriate value to balance the gain. For a much better take on this, check out Art Ludwig's site (sorry don't have it handy).
hi greg, so if i understand correctly, this is 6db per octave, yes?

and, if the high freqency amp had a gain of 20db, and the subwoofer amp had a gain of 10db, then "a" would be 2, and pi would be 3.1417, correct?

the cap would of course go in series w/ the high freq amp, while the low freq amp (the sub) you could simply rely on its own internal crossover to filter out higher freq info?

best
the cap would of course go in series w/ the high freq amp, while the low freq amp (the sub) you could simply rely on its own internal crossover to filter out higher freq info
For hi pass, cap in series, correct.

Matching the two xovers, however, may take some experimentation: if the sub's xover is not 1st order (6dB/octave) electrical -- which it probably isn't -- you may just get away with playing w/ the low pass frequency. This worked for me once, where the powered woofers part of the speaker system was detachable from the rest of the speaker; the cut off for the woof (12dB/electrical) was set ~1 octave lower than the main; then we used placement of powered woofs to compensate for the phase differences between the two.
Energy makes a nice subcrossover.I have one if your interested was going to list fri.I liked these much so far have bought 3 over the years much better than paradigm x30 its very useful and well built.