Downsized and still happy, can it happen?

I would like to hear from those who have moved from separates to an integrated amp in their system and your experience in doing so. Any buyers remorse in selling the separates? Are you still running the integrated or now considering separates again? Do you still get the same level of satisfaction from the system? Which pre/power amp did you have and what integrated replaced them?

Lately I find myself constantly considering and researching high quality integrated amps and admiring them for the all in one solution. I have all these components, powercords, conditioners and interconnects that I could unload and then replace with fewer higher quality versions. That is pretty much what is driving me into this little sidebar consideration.
dlwask
I think you could be very happy if the change was a positive one in a different direction. You could try a quality tube integrated that matched well w/your VR2's which would be a whole different sound from where you're at. I tried it and am a convert. I had to find appropriate speakers unlike you. Sure, I don't have the slam I used to, but the change will draw you into the music more I believe. Glad to see my old Pass X2 is still in your system. Good luck.
I just recommended to a friend what I thought would be a cool, decor friendly, and cost effective minimalist setup. A used Musical Fidelity CD/DAC/Pre or whatever it's called, an integrated cd player/preamp running line level into a pair of used Paradigm Reference Active speakers. Cool idea huh?
I am getting ready to ditch the preamp entirely for a dedicated phono stage that will run directly into my amplifier which has two RCA inputs; one optimized for DAC output and the other for standard line level. The amp has a pair of quality stepped antenuators. It is the way to go. I am thinking of having Goldpoing build me a nice quality switch box (without their attenuator) so I don't have to keep plugging cables in and out as I have TV, DAC, phono, tuner, and cassette as sources.

IF your source matches to the impedance of your amplifier the best preamp is no preamp.
Hey Pehare, I just noticed your "new" system. Thats a change alright! Glad to hear you've found something you like better. I have heard the new Coincident (forgot model) with Manley this year at CES and they sounded great. Hopefully if I make a change I won't turn my entire system over. Ideally I could just combine pre and power amp (maybe phono stage too) into a single unit and keep the rest intact.
>>IF your source matches to the impedance of your amplifier the best preamp is no preamp<<

Not true. Many sources benefit from a high quality linestage. Do some homework.