Preamp recommendations for Pass Labs Aleph 30 amp

There are so many preamps out there that I don't know where to start.

I am looking for a neutral sounding preamp with quick pace, excellent air, and tight deep bass to complement my Pass Labs Aleph 30 power amp.

I had an Audio Electronic Supply DJH signature preamp (Cary). It was great in so many ways but I got tired of the dark and slow sound. I realized I like PRAT but want a natural ease in its presentation as well.

I want 4 inputs, 2 outputs and remote. My budget is under $900 used.
My current cdp is a Cary 308. My speakers are fast and detailed high end custom made.
128x128mjcmt
If you can spend a little more I would get the Pass Aleph P. Its very neutral and great looking to boot.
After much consideration I have been leaning that way. Any idea how it compares to the newer X1?
I used an Aleph 3 for years. Strangely enough I tried it with an X2 pre and it sounded terrible, with uncorrectable hum, have'nt a clue why. After much searching I settled on a Conrad Johnson Prem 17Ls, a magical combination. Many wiser heads than mine have advocated a valve pre with SS power amp The Premier 17 may be overkill. but CJ do an axcellent cheaper range of"PV" Pre amps, thats where I would go.
David12,

Why would a Pass pre be a mismatch?

I don't know much about CJ's Premier line compared to their PV. Can you enlighten me. I don't wan't to soften dynamics and darken the sound like the Cary/AES tube pre did. I love great dynamics for large scale music.

Mike