Harry Pearson

Sorry to report .....by Harry Pearson Jr. passed away on Nov 4th. He was a great influence in this hobby/industry of ours. He will be missed.....!
Prayers!
rwd
I am sad to hear of his passing. I started to read TAS in the early 80s.I kept a copy on me where ever I went just to re-read again and again. This was at the time when the publication was a pocket size book. The article's always pulled me in with excellent reviews and especially the LP reviews of Mercs and RCA's. A little bit of my youth is gone I feel. So please R.I.P and God bless.
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

Not sure where he is headed but I know I would enjoy his company and I don't think I will be in Heaven.
RIP Harry, I too started this hobby back in the 80's and Harry's review were the best, I remember when the mag was pocket size too. those were the days. On Friday after cashing my paycheck the next stop was Discomania to check out the new Vinyl. RIP Harry and Thank You for your contribution to our hobby.
Does anyone know about the state of and the ultimate disposition of his recordings? I hope they can stay intact (perhaps at Sea Cliff) and perhaps become one of the stops that Audio pilgrims can visit.
FYI, there are a couple of thoughtful, sentimental farewell articles in the January, 2015 edition of "The Absolute Sound" about Harry Pearson. There are some anecdotes by the authors of their various encounters with him. My favorite one seems to sum up Harry's opinion of himself. Jonathan Valin relates that the first time Harry Pearson called him, he told Harry that, "I feel like I'm talking to God." Harry replied, "No, God is talking to you." That says it all!