Absolute Mystery

Leafing through the latest edition of The Absolute Sound tonight, I was surprised to see Robert Harley's half-page plug for Jonathan Valin's old out of print mystery novels, apparently now being revived for sale on Amazon's Kindle website. The plug does not appear to be a paid advertisement for Mr Valin's books. Rather, its just another article for the TAS readership to pore over. This strikes me as inappropriate and frankly unprofessional. Am I wrong?
psag
Just my two cents but I do in fact read Stereophile,TAS and HiFi+ all for different strengths each affords me.
Yes in those three publications there are indeed MANY quirky characters about but no more then when I am with my audio buddies!
We start off listening and discussing all things audio but almost always go " off topic" due to one or another's crazy stories.
I value that part of them as much as they're musical knowledge!
Can we PLEASE dispense with the frivolous arguments,pointed comments and character assassinations ?
Those mentioned and other's on the staffs of each are giving there opinions and a little of themselves...Where is the crime?

It often times beats reading the repetitive drivel of fellow readers who seem to complain only to see they're post on a Forum or Letters section.
Enjoy the hobby,
Azjake
Not to get too far off topic, but since some of those who have responded have indicated an interest in mystery stories, I'll make a recommendation. If you might be interested in an example of the "locked room"/impossible crime genre of detective fiction that was especially popular in the early part of the last century, read "The Three Coffins" (also known in some countries as "The Hollow Man") by John Dickson Carr, published in 1935. IMO by far the greatest example of that genre, and IMO perhaps the best mystery novel ever written.

Regards,
-- Al
Al...thanks for recommendation! I am looking forward to reading it. I love a great mystery. Hope my library has it.
You could argue that an issue of The Absolute Sound is a mystery novel. Stereophile too.