Audiophile music

Hi most audiophiles shop, listen, analyze, discuss how sounds classical and mainstream jazz in vast majority of cases.

How about some punk, noise, progressive rock, industrial, acid, experimental?
Clash, Ramones, Husker Du, Fear, Sisters of Mercy, White Stripes, Suns of Arqa, Knack, Skinny Puppy, Smiths, Morissey, Ministry, Acid Mothers Temple and other kool and noisy rock?
My collection is at or over 50% of titles above and I like noisy and creative bands.

Would you play this type of music let's say on $6-figure setup with tubes, Verdier or similar TT, MBL or similar components, Pipe Dreams or similar level speakers?

When I visited first time AudioConnection store, I brought White Stripes. After trying White Stripes in his big Vandersteen 5(back than) room, I realized that it's not the type of music for the system he demoes. I only liked Vandy 5 with chamber orchestra(amplified with Cary V12), symphony orchestra or big band.
czarivey
Careful applying generalizations about sound quality to any "genre" of music.

Yes, certain genres will tend to share certain audio parameters, but not always.

Low noise and distortion levels are ALWAYS a boon for any kind of recording.

Also getting the midrange right is ALWAYS a boon in that all recordings play in this area.

These are the common aspects of good sound that help ALL recordings sound better. Then its just a matter of what music specifically tickles one's fancy. I tend to like most everything enough to listen and enjoy at least once.

Other aspects of good sound will be more variable with various recordings. Things like dynamics, imaging, soundstage, frequency response at the extremes, etc.
As a general rule, I tend to listen to lo-fi program material in my car or on Sonos (parties, yard time, etc). That's actually a large majority of my listening time.

When I'm in front of a good system, I tend to choose better sounding program material.

I think I just like to seize the opportunity to hear good recorded sound when I get the chance, which isn't all that often.
I can choose 5 pair of speakers in 5 different rooms/locations using my main system.

From biggest/best to smallest/most limited:

1) OHN F5 Series 3 in largest L shaped room
2) Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkII in my 12X12 office
3) Triangle Titus XS in my wifes 12X12 sunroom
4) Realistic Minimus 7s on the deck.

The F5s are the bomb, but we entertain mostly on the deck, and everyone including myself enjoy the tiny Minimus 7s there as well.

ITs all audiophile, baby, yeah!
"08-07-14: Czarivey
Schubert, any ideas about choice of boom-box you may recommend:-)?"

I don't think Schubert was talking about audio equipment. lol.