Norah Jones

I'm watching a live show on PBS right now and I have to ask myself, how does this girl write so much amazing music? I watched one of her live shows last year and was absolutely floored by her performance but most of all the sheer beauty of her music. Any fans out there? She truly flies under the radar considering her high level of talent as a songwriter and musician.
donjr
I agree with most of the posts. I don't own any Norah Jones recordings but her first two recordings are worthy of purchasing. Regarding the haters most of us know she is not the talent of Sarah, Peggy, Anita or Ella. I'm sure some of you have recordings that are not at a reference(talent) level that you still enjoy!
No I do not, the good is the enemy of the best, Music is powerful stuff, bad taste in it leads to bad taste in other areas of life.
One of my favorite pop bands of the 90's was Morphine. So I shouldn't listen to them anymore because the Dana Colley can't play saxophone as well as Coleman Hawkins?

What if another female singer comes along and is a better singer than Sara Vaughn and Ella, Do I throw away their records, because now they are not the best , or just add the new singer to the great collection of female singers I have.

Btw, since i listened to heavy metal I have wanted to move into a trailer park, and chase trashy girls. ( Not that theirs anything wrong with that)
"The good is the enemy of the best."

I think that everyone's doing the best they can with what they've been given. I'm guilty of making disparaging remarks about musicians whose music I don't like but to dismiss an enormous talent such as Norah Jones simply because she isn't Sara Vaughan is absurd. NJ has a lot to offer in a variety of styles. I don't think of her as a jazz chanteuse and I don't think that's all she's trying to be.

Roxy54, I can't disagree more with the suggestion that NJ is mediocre.