Norah Jones

I'm watching a live show on PBS right now and I have to ask myself, how does this girl write so much amazing music? I watched one of her live shows last year and was absolutely floored by her performance but most of all the sheer beauty of her music. Any fans out there? She truly flies under the radar considering her high level of talent as a songwriter and musician.
donjr
Norah is not a great vocalist in the same way that Emmylou Harris is not a great vocalist. But they both have their own unique style and always sing in service of the song. Always tasteful, always a pro. Loved her first 2 albums, the first Little Willies and New York. Have not disliked any of her albums except perhaps the last. Liked Rome----but think I've had enough of the Danger Mouse collaboration. Then again, I fall asleep to Diana Krall. Different strokes for different folks.
Donjr, again you missed the point of my post. I actually did like Nora's first two records very much. The ones she had less input on. I was very dissapointed with her output after that. And - her fame was built off those first two records. As to "giving her a chance", what chance should I give her when I think her recent stuff pales in comparison to the old? If you want to keep listening, knock yourself out. Your comment about replying on threads about artists I don't like has some shred of validity to it though. However, I feel compelled to participate when what I thought was a good artist goes into the toilet.
Correct. She's I believe an average performer with nice supportive band due to her herritage and situation. Other than that she's a good music college alumni and yet faces a lot to learn in real life of musician.