Norah Jones

I'm watching a live show on PBS right now and I have to ask myself, how does this girl write so much amazing music? I watched one of her live shows last year and was absolutely floored by her performance but most of all the sheer beauty of her music. Any fans out there? She truly flies under the radar considering her high level of talent as a songwriter and musician.
donjr
Agree with Djones; The Norah Jones-Peter Malick "New York" City is my favorite.

I'm also a fan but understand why some people might not like her. I find her music beautiful and soothing. Love her when she plays the Hammond... that is just butter. And she is very easy to look at... could have the best lips in the biz.

Now, for her acting, hmmm...
Thanks Dorkwad for the "The Joni Letter" recommendation. Being a big fan of Joni maybe this can connect me to Norah in a small way. Coincidentally I just had a few buddies over to listen this morning/afternoon and one brought the first Norah cd. We listened to the first three cuts and funny thing is of the four of us listening, two get her and two don't.
On "Come Away With Me" Nora is listed as writer on 2 tracks and co-writer on 1 track out of the 14 tracks on the album. If this qualifies her as writing most of her material, I must live in a different world as the rest of you. So be it. Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Careers come and go.
I think they are as different as chocolate and vanilla, but maybe the vanilla has some hot fudge? i don't get Ms. Krall in the same way as Norah Jones.

Jazzdoc, I really like the Rome recording you mentioned. Also, for those who don't know, Brian Burton is Danger Mouse. He produced and cowrote Little Broken Hearts.