Entry level Phono Stage for Dynavector 10x5

Just received some gifts for the Holidays. Among them was a Dynavector 10x5. Well its blown me away. It has really just given me what I have been looking for since I stared this hobby.

Well I am thinking about grabbing a stand alone phono stage. I am using the internal one in my preamp. I am wondering if the Dynavector or the Jolinda phono stage would be a big upgrade.

I am also wondering which to go with. Obviously it makes sense to go with the Dynavector because of how much I already like the cart they produce. That being said some say the MM is really just ok. Its the MC that shines and of course I would use the MM because the 10x5 is a HOMC.

Question is what would be a better choice? Should I just keep what I have? Any thoughts from people who have used these combinations. Or am I better off just keeping what I have and do and upgrade in the future?

I am buying used and don't see upgrading the cart anytime in the near future.
darkstar1
I am also wondering which to go with.
Obviously it makes sense to go with the Dynavector because
of how much I already like the cart they produce. That being
said some say the MM is really just ok. Its the MC that
shines and of course I would use the MM because the 10x5 is
a HOMC.

Great cartridge. I have one too. Not sure what you mean by
this. Are you saying that the MM performance on the
Dynavector pre-amp is just OK but that MC really shines? If
so, who is saying this? This pre-amp has a series of of dip
switches to determine proper loading for any given
cartridge. If values are selected properly, then then pre-
amp should shine with either type of cartridge.

I run my 10X5 through a $200 Pro-ject Phono Box S that gives
me amazing results. It also allows for full cartridge
loading too and am more than pleased.
Correct. Saw some posts saying the MM stage was average. That most of the effort went into the MC and phono enhancer which are designed for LOMC. While doing research came across this view several times on pink fish media. Several of the professional reviews seem to use the LOMC to review the phono stage.

Was just hoping to get some people who have used a Jolida or dynavector with the 10x5.

Thanks
The better you phono, the better your sound. I've seen such a HUGE difference going with a Heed Phono pre...I listened to many of the lesser cost ones as well as the higher ones and the Heed blew it out of the water. I may even be selling it to upgrade to the balance Ayre as I have Ayre gear and I now realize how MUCH difference a GREAT phono stage will make. I know that Audio Connection sells these Heeds. they aren't well known, but it's better than Clearaudio's lower priced units to my ears and many others I know. I will say that someone came over to listen and he said he was much better and musical than his and his was a well known unit that cost him well over 1800 used. Call John at Audio Connection in Verona NJ and ask him as he is a big vinyl guy and knows what goes well with things. I think he sells your cartridge and would be able to help you out.
Thank you. I will give him a call. The one dealer in town does not carrier Dynavector.
IMO, a Herron VTPH-1 is in a completely different category than others around its used price range. It might be worth a call to Keith Herron to see if he has any used VTPH-1 units he has taken in trade.