Does The Squeezebox Touch Have a Worthy Successor?

Is there a new streaming device on the market that offers the performance and value of the Squeezebox?
128x128mitch4t
What about the Bryston BDP-2 player ? Lots more money, but hopefully a trend where others may follow.
The Bryston BDP-2 player doesn't play Pandora, Rhapsody or internet radio...that's a deal-killer in my book.
I don't know why this didn't occur to me before, but the AppleTV works pretty well too. For the $100 price tag, it's a pretty capable piece of gear.

I played quite a bit of music through it and it sounds pretty good. I just don't use it for music much now that I have the Sonos and Touch.
Mitch4t, I'm not really into low grade sound quality of internet radio.
I'm looking for a way to play my 1TB hardrive the simplest way. The Bryston looks like the one to get for that. I just wish there was a cheaper way since the Touch performs pretty good for the original cost.
I really don't know about that Bryston unit. Just looking at the specs, I'm getting the feeling that most of the price is going to be for the name.

For the money, you could get into a modded Mac Mini, build a CAPS server, get a modded Sonos unit or a number of other options.

Of course, I haven't played with one, but again, just reading from the specs, it sounds a whole lot like a pre built CAPS server.

Ozzy, if all you're worried about is pulling files off of a 1TB drive, there are plenty of ways to do that. I'd first attach that drive or transfer the files to an NAS. Once you do that, there are a bunch of possibilities.

You can get into a Synology single drive NAS device for around $300 and use an external drive for backups.